• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

As someone who did for 3 years, you're better off outside in the long run... It utterly RUINS trips to other parks (especially when they turn into poorly run and badly staffed ones)...
Haha I bet it does, I already get judgemental sometimes at poor operations. On the other hand it must make you more sympathetic towards park staff as well...

One idiot does not the whole bunch make (though with Thorpe it is harder to tell

Yes, that's exactly what I said in the original post, perhaps you missed that.

Sorry I don't have much to add to the discussion otherwise, but I wanted to call this out since it's not fair to comment on young staff based on one person.

So I must not pass comment based on the actions of one person, got it, I'll be sure to let the Twitter guy know he shouldn't be complaining about Thorpe, because it was just one person.....

So it’s confirmed, “Love Island Lates”
They’ve obviously realised people are bored by this year of horror but again another very family friendly IP :rolleyes:

https://www.thorpepark.com/events/love-island-lates

You’ve obsessed over the smash-hit ITV series, now it’s your turn to experience life as a real Islander as Love Island Lates launches at THORPE PARK Resort this summer.

Join us on the beach as the sun sets and immerse yourself in the UK’s only Love Island fan experience. Take on Love Island-inspired challenges for the chance to win prizes, hit the dance floor with our live DJ or simply sit back and enjoy a themed cocktail every Thursday, Friday and Saturday during summer.

PLUS surprise visits from this year’s favourite Islanders!

I thought the Love Island rumours was just some people trolling as it's so absurd.

Thorpe Park are continuing to bounce from one random idea to another seemingly without any sort of filter prior to implementation.

Love Island, a wonderful show all about how a small group of men and women come together in love and harmony. I would fully recommend this show, it is both beautiful and romantic and brings out the very best of modern TV. I'm sure Thorpe park will be graced to have such an esteemed show landing on their park. :hearteyecat:

Love Island, a wonderful show all about how a small group of men and women come together in love and harmony. I would fully recommend this show, it is both beautiful and romantic and brings out the very best of modern TV. I'm sure Thorpe park will be graced to have such an esteemed show landing on their park. :hearteyecat:
Um... I can't quite tell whether you're being sarcastic or not.

With regards to the announcement, it should be successful for them, as Love Island is a popular IP among what I presume to be Thorpe's target demographic. (I don't really know what it is, to be honest!) I don't personally watch the show, but my sister loves it, and she sounded very excited when I told her that Thorpe were doing this for the summer.

I've just read that the Nemesis Inferno music has been changed to some generic IMAscore jungle nonsense. The original was a hugely underated piece of theme park music.

Was there really any need to do so? Let's hope Towers don't get the same idea.

I've just read that the Nemesis Inferno music has been changed to some generic IMAscore jungle nonsense. The original was a hugely underated piece of theme park music.

Was there really any need to do so? Let's hope Towers don't get the same idea.
The Inferno music was still playing when I last visited.

Shame if they have removed it, but it'll probably be to fit in with IAC.

The Inferno music was still playing when I last visited.

Shame if they have removed it, but it'll probably be to fit in with IAC.
The IMAScore one sounds like you could say "inspired by" the original (if you were to hear it you'd know it was Nemesis Inferno) but I much prefer the original. Not sure if they are playing it yet, I heard it from the CD I bought.

What they should actually be doing is try to make IAC fit in with Nemesis Inferno, not the other way round. Totally ruined the queueline area when all you can hear is that crap.