• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Whoever replies to those FB messages needs a lesson on when it is appropriate or not to use exclamation marks.

Drives! Me! Up! The! Ruddy! Wall!
It's people in island help and information I believe.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

It’s mad we have to waste so much time complaining for our rights as a customer. Theme parks should never be like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update we been offered VIP passes return for group. With fast track for every ride. All customer feedback has been noted and now being investigated.

Update we been offered VIP passes return for group. With fast track for every ride. All customer feedback has been noted and now being investigated.

In exchange for no negative article?

If you’ve accepted the offer then the feedback has already been noted and investigated, straight to the bin with a resolved marker on the case

Last edited:

Island unlimited fastrack+entry or an actual VIP package? If the later merlin are scared

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I have refused fastrack in the past when offered it, pointing out that this will only make their problems worse. When they told me they can't offer anything else, I replied that I'm not after quick refunds, I want them to sort their park out.

... This was about three or four years ago now. Looks like my efforts were wasted.

I have refused fastrack in the past when offered it, pointing out that this will only make their problems worse. When they told me they can't offer anything else, I replied that I'm not after quick refunds, I want them to sort their park out.

Bit pointless though as the people you're speaking to do not have any power to change the direction of the park. They're just part of the Merlin machine, following a standard process to deal with your complaint like they do for everybody else. I'm sure they're aware of the failings but they probably have the same problem... that nobody higher up listens to them either, so nothing ever changes.

You would like to think there's a system in place to aggregate the customer feedback up to the top so strategic decisions can be made and influenced by what's going on on the ground. I'd suggest there is no such system.

What is the alternative to handing out fast track when people are getting all irate and shouty because a ride has broken down and kicked out a 60 minute queue? Or when someone complains about the length of the queues.

Aside from not letting the queues get that long in the first place.

What do other parks (especially those which don't operate fast track) do?

I did Fright Nights last night after having an awesome day at Chessington. It wasn't stupidly busy, and we managed to do 3 of the mazes + 4 coasters in 3 hours, which I thought was pretty good.

My complaint however, is the total, utter disgrace of a horror attraction that Thorpe Park have cobbled together this year. I've been visiting Fright Nights since 2005, and I can say that this year was an absolute joke. The Walk Dead: Do or Die was the worst attraction I've ever experienced. I've had more scares taking the bin out. Chessington's Creepy Caves: Unearthed was 10x better than what they produced.

Platform 15 and Deadcreek Woods was also another joke of an attraction. It's a total embarrassment, and if I had queued more than 5 minutes for any of these attractions I would have regretted it. How can one of the UK's biggest theme parks seriously fall so short of the mark when it comes to horror mazes? I know budgets are tight, but 3 woodland attractions all with virtually the same theme, are not the answer!

To be fair even with quantity of mazes that there were queues were horrendous when I was there.

I'd rather see mazes time slotted, as at Alton. If they want to keep some free options then give free time slots or make the throughput extra high of the free ones.

Queueing for extended periods for a maze ruins the whole experience for me, and I much preferred the system at alton.

I'd like to see some free flow mazes, give them a proper amount of space and just throw people through it as fast as they come out the other side, and hopefully keep the queue as nearly nothing. I suppose it would be a "zone" but with a more maze like structure.

So after the phone call the journalist has been offered vip Experience for the group with other offers

6ed3a5a085c995773b61cb4c6c4c0568.jpg

They never actually rang me back as I’m of no importance. But below I got offered return tickets and 3 fast pass tickets.

acf67787714993b1f82107c8b14968af.jpg

All in all, They may offer us this. However we came for Halloween and to experience the mazes. As mentioned before time slots should be issued. Mazes were over a 100mins long. However I’m worried if they cut the mazes to quality. Then how big would other ques be for rides. To be honest after the vip experience, we will never return again. I asked My friend who works for the mirror to write a article. But he says he can only write after we received the offer. However slightly unfair opinion, as second time round we won’t be experiencing the Park as standard customers. To be honest be very interesting next Halloween if the guest count is down considerably. & what changes they make further. Not that I’ll know. The food offering is also very poor. As well as toilets first impressions are worse then you see in any services. It’s a theme park? They should be cleaned and well themed!

In my opinion your journalist friend would be doing a better service to the public by not accepting the offer and writing the negative article.

As such for accepting the offer they won’t be able to expose the selling of fastrack when rides were closed, although Merlin will already have an excuse for that “a technical issue with our supplier meant we couldn’t stop sales as fast as we normally would” :rolleyes:

But each to their own, you’ll certainly enjoy the VIP experience with your own dedicated host and instant any seat riding.