• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

On a different note, I just had a thought regarding Thorpe 2019; next year is Thorpe's 40th anniversary, so do we reckon Thorpe will have a special year in 2019? The on park teaser said something like "look out for our 2019 events" or something along those lines, so I reckon we could be seeing something like what Alton did for their 30th in 2010, where they host loads of special events!

In my opinion your journalist friend would be doing a better service to the public by not accepting the offer and writing the negative article.

As such for accepting the offer they won’t be able to expose the selling of fastrack when rides were closed, although Merlin will already have an excuse for that “a technical issue with our supplier meant we couldn’t stop sales as fast as we normally would” :rolleyes:

But each to their own, you’ll certainly enjoy the VIP experience with your own dedicated host and instant any seat riding.
Instant to the point they will hold the entire train for you.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I think the best thing Thorpe Park could do the celebrate the big 4-0 is to close for 2019 and have a good, hard think to make sure their next decade isn't such a total creative and financial shambles.

As it is though, more Love Island stuff?

I am pretty confident we'll not be seeing Love Island Lates returning to Thorpe next year, sadly I don't think we'll be seeing a coaster for the next few years either.

I'd love to see Loggers Leap refurbished and returned to the lineup but as each year passes it seems unlikely.

What makes you think we won't see a new coaster any time soon @ScottPBE? The park themselves made reference to a coaster codenamed Project 2020 at a TTSP event in July 2017, so I'm confident that 2020 will be a very exciting year for Thorpe!

Speaking of Project 2020, Thorpe posted an end of season video recently, and many noticed that they focused on this plot of land for a couple of seconds in the video:

Leading many to speculate that they could be making early hints to Project 2020 and its location. Exciting stuff, in my opinion! What do you guys think?
P.S. Here's Thorpe's end of season video: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156544421730867&id=27217550866

What makes you think we won't see a new coaster any time soon @ScottPBE?

I can't answer for Scott but the complete lack of any information to do with this other than the original leak plus the recent appointment of Crabtree to run the place just screams "cutbacks", he'll probably remove all the flat rides too - although hopefully just DBGT is bulldozed initially.

Perhaps I'm doing the guy a disservice, but judging on the state of Alton, it doesn't take a genius to see what Thorpe's short term future holds for it.

I think we'd have probably seen a sign of something happening by now, if Thorpe were going for a coaster in 2020. Only thing that's happened is removal of those trees by Stealth, but even then that could be for any reason.

Although Swarm's planning permit was filed in February 2011, so we could still have a coaster in 2020!

I have refused fastrack in the past when offered it, pointing out that this will only make their problems worse. When they told me they can't offer anything else, I replied that I'm not after quick refunds, I want them to sort their park out.

... This was about three or four years ago now. Looks like my efforts were wasted.

Exactly this.

You go to complain about queues,
"Here you go sir/madam have some fast track tickets on us".
"Oh ok, thanks you've twisted my arm."

----added to the queue problem.

Just flat out refuse and as Diogogogo has said explain to them that by them offering them out like Kebab/Pizza menus they're just adding to the problem.

Think here it's more blatant a case, because the person in question writes for a national paper, and they really don't want anything negative out in the main public eye...

So just have a visit where you're treated better than everyone else and then you will like us, you really will...

Awful business tactics...

Think here it's more blatant a case, because the person in question writes for a national paper, and they really don't want anything negative out in the main public eye...

So just have a visit where you're treated better than everyone else and then you will like us, you really will...

Awful business tactics...
There's a couple of videos on YouTube of the Fright Nights press night and it looked noticeably better. Actors all over the place.

Dam, missed that - was the press night doubled up as the annual pass night again like last year?

It was great last year, every ride was walk on by 7pm because all the noobs were queuing for the mazes, we got 27 rides done in three hours lol

Dam, missed that - was the press night doubled up as the annual pass night again like last year?

It was great last year, every ride was walk on by 7pm because all the noobs were queuing for the mazes, we got 27 rides done in three hours lol
No it was a separate date, they let hotel guests also ride and do mazes...

Was there an annual pass event then? I didn't see/hear anything about it and last I heard it had been cancelled, I guess that was to be expected though considering.

Was there an annual pass event then? I didn't see/hear anything about it and last I heard it had been cancelled, I guess that was to be expected though considering.
Yes pass holders got exclusive access to some of the mazes, VIPs got 1 slot on containment.