• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

To tell you guys the truth, I miss Logger's in general; it's a very underrated water ride, in my opinion! I'm hopeful that it could reopen, but I certainly won't complain if a B&M hyper or an RMC is put in its place!

Was trying to decide what the stupidest bit was really. Think going through a completely pitch black tunnel section just about took it.

Well he didn't die, or put anyone else in danger. And he provided an interesting video.
Not so. He put himself in danger, as well as potentially any security staff who may have tried to catch him / rescue him had he got hurt.
And for what, the sake of youtube views?

Though I'll concede that is was interesting. But that's not the point.

Loggers video, of course as everyone knows already it’s had nothing done to it.
If we didn't know it already (cough cough my posts in security thread) we do know, Thorpe security are absolutely rubbish!

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

If we didn't know it already (cough cough my posts in security thread) we do know, Thorpe security are absolutely rubbish!

Not just Thorpe he’s also done a video of him trespassing at Chesington.

The guys an idiot for potentially putting himself and others at risk but the fact he’s not hidden his identity at least means Merlin will be in touch

Not just Thorpe he’s also done a video of him trespassing at Chesington.

The guys an idiot for potentially putting himself and others at risk but the fact he’s not hidden his identity at least means Merlin will be in touch
Oh yeah he's broken the court order!

Sadly trespass is only a civil matter, unless you cause criminal damage or have intent to commit a crime.
Even providing video evidence only means the park can go to the civil courts to stop it happening again by the individual...Sadly the new, improved morons keep going afresh.
Darwinian theory doesn't come quick enough for some.

His Chessington video begs the question of where / what do security do at night? The fence he climbed over is a main entrance and heavily covered by CCTV in fact the places he went are all covered by CCTV.

Sadly trespass is only a civil matter, unless you cause criminal damage or have intent to commit a crime.

Merlin actually have a high court injunction against trespass on their sites.

As far as I know, anyone who enters the parks without permission could be found within contempt of court and possibly be imprisoned.

Worth noting that this has only been in place since 1st June 2018 and since the Chessington video is from before the opening of Tiger Rock, it may not apply. That all depends on the date of the Thorpe video.

Unenforceable...you can't expect the whole population to know the injunction is in place, you would have to prove prior knowledge of the injunction, which, apart from the three named, would be pretty tricky.
The others in the group with them on other videos could be identified I suppose, but not the likes of me and you.

Reactions: Tom
Unenforceable...you can't expect the whole population to know the injunction is in place, you would have to prove prior knowledge of the injunction, which, apart from the three named, would be pretty tricky.
The others in the group with them on other videos could be identified I suppose, but not the likes of me and you.
Pretty much every service road leading up to a merlin attraction has the order posted up.

Unenforceable...you can't expect the whole population to know the injunction is in place.

There are boards outside each attraction with notices of the trespass injunction on them.

Should also have take home copies of the injunction contained within a transparent envelope accompanying the boards however I don't think Merlin budgeted for those...

Last edited:
Isn't that injunction for the individual who free-climbed to the top of Stealth along with his chums? Now banned from all Merlin parks worldwide for life.

Isn't that injunction for the individual who free-climbed to the top of Stealth along with his chums? Now banned from all Merlin parks worldwide for life.

The injunction has three named respondents as well as a catch all "persons unknown" which applies to anyone entering Merlin's premises without permission.

It is indeed they Alsty.
I had lots of personal experience with the trespass laws in my old job, searching for missing kids in the middle of the night.
Only got caught in the grounds of the local "big house" once...groundsman with baseball bat!
Police fine...they knew me and the job I was doing...and the groundsman then helped me find the missing kids...having a party in the outhouses.
Merlins notices and threats of criminal action are all bluster, there has to be evidence of repeated action or criminal intent.
Basically, you can pretty much get away with it once...ask the security guys at Camelot!