• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

So this GameFX event currently on at Thorpe Park doesn’t seem to be gaining much discussion here, or anywhere in fact. Reviews, social media etc barely any mention.

This text from their website might give an indication of how popular the event is:

‘To enter GameFX, head down to our Lake View Marquee and our staff will allow you immediate entry dependent on current capacity. If you are not able to enter straight away, our staff will give you a time that you will be able to return.

You no longer need to book into a time slot for this event.’

Literally no one would go to a theme park just to play video games. If this was just a little side event though alongside the park getting something major I wouldn't be too bothered. They did something similar-ish in 2005 with a week of events sponsored by Sony with the PlayStation brand.

However that year they opened Rush and Slammer and didn't try to push the PlayStation event as "new for 2005" like they're doing for the crap they have this year. The installations for the past 5 years have been an absolute embarrassment.

Last edited:
Fancy paying on the day to park on some gravel with an hours wait to exit due to poor organisation and only two barriers? That’ll be £18 please. :dizzy:

IS9Mhm7.jpg

I suppose it's encouraging online booking, really. Although I think £18 is about the same as we paid at Disney earlier this month. Not sure about Universal.

Obviously the change of how the event operated effected things, MoS used to be an exclusive thing and then suddenly last year Thorpe allowed any guest to do late night riding but banned them from the dome while MoS was on.

New 40th Anniversary stuff. I'm not usually one for merch but it looks pretty good.

Long shot but if anyone is visiting soon and can pick me up an XL t shirt it would be very much appreciated, I would of course transfer money in advance and pay a bit extra for postage etc.

Crappy Thorpe Park taking advantage of my nostalgic VIBES ffs.

Those clothing items are like, the bare minimum style of it, like transfer the old logo on levels of effort...

I'm 100% sure parents have a lot of tat from that era anyway...

Why is the hoody missing ghost train? The walking dead the ride? Storm surge?

I appreciate storm surge and TWDTR are smaller investments. But the ghost train was a huge bucketload of cash?

Maybe not so proud of these rides?