• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Indeed, I believe the planned hoodie for 2013 onwards went something like this.

2013: The Swarm: backwards

2014: Fairground Dodgems

2015: I’m a Celebrity

2016: Derren Brown’s Ghost Train

2017: Derren Brown’s Ghost Train (but not quite as bad as the first one)

2019: Some Playstations and Bouncy Castles

2000 - 2006 was a fan boy wet dream.

- Tidal Wave/Amity Cove
- 10 looper
- B&M Invert
- 80mph launch coaster
- Best flat ride in Europe (slammer)
- Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Detonator and Rush

You also had loggers leap, the rapids were decent, good arena shows, good queue times/operations and parking was free.

And then Merlin showed up.

so other than saving cash anybody know why the planned events have been cancelled?

Are we already seeing issues with new management...

Was anyone else there yesterday to see how stupidly quiet it was?
I had the last train with passenger's on TWD: TR basically to myself (a staff member from baggage went on with me) which I didn't think was possible.

It was 10ish minutes to close as well, so I was the only guest who wanted a ride on it in the last 10.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Was anyone else there yesterday to see how stupidly quiet it was?
I had the last train with passenger's on TWD: TR basically to myself (a staff member from baggage went on with me) which I didn't think was possible.

It was 10ish minutes to close as well, so I was the only guest who wanted a ride on it in the last 10.

If the staff member didn’t go on then you wouldn’t of been able to ride due to the “enhanced” safety protocols.

If the staff member didn’t go on then you wouldn’t of been able to ride due to the “enhanced” safety protocols.
I'm aware of that, still kinda neat how they got a staff member to go through the entire ride literally just for me.

Why is the hoody missing ghost train? The walking dead the ride? Storm surge?

I appreciate storm surge and TWDTR are smaller investments. But the ghost train was a huge bucketload of cash?

Maybe not so proud of these rides?

Because literally the only decent thing they've done after 2012 is the X:/No Way Out refurb and then they ****** that up.

I'd be interested in one of those hoodies though, as a reminder of when the park was a great place to visit and not the mess that it is now :(

Amazing lesson in customer service from Thorpe Park here. This was the response to a one star review of the Shark hotel that had been listed on the theme park trip advisor page.

xdm0z4Y.jpg

Nice customer focused, proactive thinking there. :)

‘Thanks for your rubbish review. I won’t do anything about it cos that’s not my job. But if you want to leave us another one, that would be great!’.

That’s a really poor reply, nobody cares it’s not on the correct page - it’s still Thorpe Park. Own the problem and deal with it.

They still haven’t learnt what not to do with customers. Wasn’t their focus all about rebuilding the customer service this year.

Yes I know Merlin would prefer the sweep it away approach but there has to be someone at the park who does actually give a damn.

That’s a really poor reply, nobody cares it’s not on the correct page - it’s still Thorpe Park. Own the problem and deal with it.

They still haven’t learnt what not to do with customers. Wasn’t their focus all about rebuilding the customer service this year.

Yes I know Merlin would prefer the sweep it away approach but there has to be someone at the park who does actually give a damn.
It's not even like it's Holiday Extras who broke something that's publicly branded as THORPE, it's THORPE itself that's got the issue and it's inside the park and not THORPE

"Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had a good day in the theme park, but I can see you were disappointed by your overnight stay. We have a separate page on TripAdvisor for reviews of our Shark Hotel, but I've made sure the customer service department there has seen your comments and they should be in contact in the next day or two.

We look forward to seeing you again!"

Easy peasy, lead with the positive, acknowledge/validate their concerns, tell them about the correct place for the review but take accountability for making sure the right people see the comments anyway, tell them what's happening next, drop a subtle nod to their next visit.

Do you have a link for this? I hadn't seen they'd been cancelled? Was looking forward to seeing the bouncy castle.
Oh that’s probably still happening knowing Thorpe.

I was on about the anniversary events, it was mentioned on the last page and seen on a couple other sites.

The thing with Thorpe is that it has a decent selection of coasters, some good flat rides and one the best water rides in the country. It's got the most difficult and expensive part of running a theme park right. And yet they still somehow manage to provide a thoroughly miserable experience. Merlin inherited a park in prime location, with some of the best coasters in the country and they've still managed to make a complete dogs breakfast out of it.

The thing with Thorpe is that it has a decent selection of coasters, some good flat rides and one the best water rides in the country. It's got the most difficult and expensive part of running a theme park right. And yet they still somehow manage to provide a thoroughly miserable experience. Merlin inherited a park in prime location, with some of the best coasters in the country and they've still managed to make a complete dogs breakfast out of it.
Don't forget, it was very popular too and well known nationally, with a strong identity. Merlin have turned it from a success into declining visitors, with a really confused identity and worst value for money its ever been.