Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Ted, 11th Jun 2012.

1. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    You sadist!

I just looked up last year's dates. They're running for an extra 5 nights this year - perhaps that didn't play too well and they've seen similar crowds over more operating days.

2. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

It's one of the few places I feel comfortable as an aspie and it's more affordable then doing the same at towers.

The crowds have been unpredictable so far, including a 5 minute external queue with a 30+ minute hidden internal queue on TWDTR (not fun).

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

3. Tarnhi18

Tarnhi18 TowersStreet Member

Hi all, realistically how busy is Thorpe Park going to be on Sunday (last day of season) ride qs and maze qs wise...?

4. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    skyscraper likes this.
  5. Tarnhi18

Ok thanks. Was more wondering given it’s the last day of the season and fright nights will that make it a lot busier than normal? Thanks.

6. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

They have dropped the ticket price for Sunday and lifted pass holder restrictions which suggests they are struggling with guest numbers for Sunday.

That being said, Thorpe don’t deal with crowds that well, so I would expect queues of at least an hour for the big coasters and the mazes.

7. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Fright Nights dates after Halloween are traditionally very quiet, best time to do it.

I've not been for a few years though, so that could have changed.

skyscraper likes this.
  8. Tarnhi18

Was a great day in the end, managed to get on a few rides and all mazes with fast track! The ride availability was diabolical though! Most of the coasters were out for big chunks of the day, and half the flat rides were down. Crazy that they still charge full price with ride availability like that. Maybe because it was the last day of the season and they had all given up! But apart from that the mazes were great fun and the rides we did do were good! Park was really quite quiet until about 3pm then it just went mental busy with hour+ q times on most rides!

skyscraper likes this.
  9. imanautie

Speaking to a couple of engineers they definitely didn't just give up, @spinba11 can attest to that.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

10. Tarnhi18

Sorry, I meant that more tongue in cheek about the rides themselves. I’m have no doubt that the engineers work the hardest that they can with the resources they are given, like anyone does in their job :)

11. imanautie

It's a shame the park is so underfunded in some area's, from what I gather the staff want to do more but can't!

12. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    For those for you interested, here's a behind-the-scenes video of Creak Freak by Jack Silkstone. Especially interesting considering it was based in Loggers' old station, and they do point out parts of it that still remain.

Trooper and Matt N like this.
  13. imanautie

It looks as wrong on that video as when they gassed the place (CO alarm) and had to clear the building, seeing inside.
    For saying how gloomy it is inside it's impressively bright when emergency lighting is on.

14. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    My nephew is very impressed with this o_O

15. Joel3

Joel3 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    What a bunch of idiots. :mad:

MattyH, DiogoJ42 and skyscraper like this.
  16. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

Guessing they got banned from all Merlin attractions... Not that that will detract from the £20k or so they will probably earn from that video.

Edit: just checked the view count and actually they won't make much at all lol

Last edited: 17th Nov 2019
    MattyH, DiogoJ42, Joel3 and 1 other person like this.
  17. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Funny how it says in the description "comment this/that", but comments aren't accepted. Backlash perhaps? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Serves them right. :)

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  18. Trooper

Trooper TowersStreet Member

To be fair, it was kind of funny when the music started playing and they got freaked out. Also, when he got on the rapids boat and it started floating off.

19. imanautie

No, but as it's technically contempt of court ANY revenue from the activities in question could be at risk.

MattyH, Doublethink and skyscraper like this.
  20. Tibble

Tibble TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Im sorry but how many ads do they need on that video!? How many people are sticking around to watch em all. Part of me thinks some of these videos are staged. Surely someone who is constantly doing this sort of stuff is going to get done for trespassing?

MaxPower, DiogoJ42 and skyscraper like this.