• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Some of Thorpe’s actors are using clear masks which actually makes them discrete and less obtrusive.
31-CBA634-8-A3-E-46-EA-AB3-E-E4-A72-A3-CFB71.jpg

photo credit TPG

Some of Thorpe’s actors are using clear masks which actually makes them discrete and less obtrusive.
31-CBA634-8-A3-E-46-EA-AB3-E-E4-A72-A3-CFB71.jpg

photo credit TPG

Looks like a plastic mask, with vents. That is somehow massively steaming up. Given you shouldn't wear a mask with vents, or a mask that is damp, that's an amazing invention Thorpe have come up with to be completely against as much advice as possible.

Other fun is seeing actors scream as loud as they possibly can. Mask or no mask, that's projecting anything massively. Just ridiculous management from Thorpe in my view.

Looks like a plastic mask, with vents. That is somehow massively steaming up. Given you shouldn't wear a mask with vents, or a mask that is damp, that's an amazing invention Thorpe have come up with to be completely against as much advice as possible.

Other fun is seeing actors scream as loud as they possibly can. Mask or no mask, that's projecting anything massively. Just ridiculous management from Thorpe in my view.
I did think about the effectiveness of the mask, for context these actors were apart from each other but yes the mask isn’t appropriate for the safety aspect.

Thorpe being accused of racial profiling / discrimination after an incident last month.

now that's surprising (the racial profiling not lack of compo)

Racial profiling? With a sample size of one and half a story. We have no idea what the description given was, what the witness had said about who or why one person may have been given more attention than another.

But yep, definitely racial profiling. Jeez.

Racial profiling? With a sample size of one and half a story. We have no idea what the description given was, what the witness had said about who or why one person may have been given more attention than another.

But yep, definitely racial profiling. Jeez.

I'm saying Im unsure if it's racial profiling not that I think it definitely is it that's not 100 clear.

Rides state you have to wear masks as well, I think they are trying to limit knowledge of excemptions so they don't get abused.

Today, they were telling everyone to put a face covering on as you got close to each station. I didn’t see anyone not wearing one on all of the coasters or rush, vortex etc. Only on the rapids did they say it wasn’t necessary.

Before anyone moans at me for using the excemption I'm planning on asking maze hosts if they could make an excemption to the no phones rule.

Why would you need an exemption to the no phones rule?

Today, they were telling everyone to put a face covering on as you got close to each station. I didn’t see anyone not wearing one on all of the coasters or rush, vortex etc. Only on the rapids did they say it wasn’t necessary.

Why would you need an exemption to the no phones rule?
In short I end up non speaking with a mask on and use an AAC app on my phone to speak, @spinba11 I'm sure can confirm that's the case.
Im sure it would be better for everyone if I wore a mask like I do on rides.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f7f7fc3132a6/Screen_Recording_20201008-220739_One UI Home.mp4

In short I end up non speaking with a mask on and use an AAC app on my phone to speak, @spinba11 I'm sure can confirm that's the case.
Im sure it would be better for everyone if I wore a mask like I do on rides.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f7f7fc3132a6/Screen_Recording_20201008-220739_One UI Home.mp4
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! That makes sense. But do you need to communicate in a scare maze?

I think all I’ve ever said in a maze is aaaaaaaargh, oh my god and fucking hell

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! That makes sense. But do you need to communicate in a scare maze?

I think all I’ve ever said in a maze is aaaaaaaargh, oh my god and ****ing hell
I'm unsure, whenever I've been in mazes before there's been some level of communication with actors so perhaps? Im doubtful itlt be say me needing to tell lumberjack there's a wheelchair coming through as it was with @spinba11 but depending on storyline etc there may be.

So Thorpe managed to massively oversell the mazes, with reported 2.5/3 hour queues by the end of the night. I've seen reports of tickets having to be moved to different days to prevent the curfew being breached.

Then batching has led to several reports of no distancing within the mazes.

COVID Secure Like No Other.
That long a queue also implies they sold a normal FRIGHT NIGHTS amount of maze tickets (which would normally just be fastrack) not the covid edition FRIGHT NIGHTS numbers...

That long a queue also implies they sold a normal FRIGHT NIGHTS amount of maze tickets (which would normally just be fastrack) not the covid edition FRIGHT NIGHTS numbers...
It certainly looks like they had far too many tickets available. Given Accesso was still allowing ticket slot booking at any time slot on Thursday, makes me wonder if someone added an extra zero or two to the allocation.

Hopefully this wasn't the lowest allocations to get a feel for things and they've ramped up towards peak days.

Mini Thorpe review...

Spent the whole day there from 10-9 and suprisngly didn't get bored, had a chilled day thanks to the pretty short queues.

We did however wait 90 mins for Saw in the slowest moving queue of all time. Shameful that they're flogging fastrack on this at the moment with the reduced capacity. The ride op made the queue slightly more bearable by constantly telling everyone to stand on a yellow marker away from other groups. The covid marshalls came round too with a megaphone telling people off. One came over and told me to put my mask on though which was weird - as far as I'm aware you only need to wear them on the indoor sections of queues, is this right? I did question this but put it on anyway.

Anyway Saw is absolutely dreadful, bulldoze it. Stealth was on 10 mins most of the day so we got 5 or 6 rides in. Inferno x 4, better coaster than I remember but it's very short and dies a bit half way through. Swarm is ok, quite nice, floaty and also forceful in places.

Last ride of the night was Tidal Wave as per Fright Nights tradition of course.

Didn't do the mazes because £££ but they got pretty big queues later on in the evening. The Creek Freak scare zone was very good but the other scare zones are naff. It was pretty quiet which makes it awkward for the actors I suppose as they end up standing around chatting to each other.

Decent day out overall but I won't be back again for a while. The park has definitely improved in places and seems a bit more polished. The main issue for me is that I find all the coasters just average and I'd rather spend my money going to Phanny Land, Walibi or Liseberg for example. If they had a world class RMC or Hyper I'd be back there a lot more.

I've seen a few walk-through's of the scare zones and in all honesty they look... Meh. I was going to take a trip to Thorpe this month for Fright Nights but I might not bother now. I understand given the conditions it's very difficult to provide a 'usual' experience but they look extremely hit or miss. The mazes don't look great, the upcharge is ridiculous too for what they are. Creek Freak Unchained looks awesome though, I really enjoyed the maze last year and it looks like they've got a good continuation there.

I've seen a few walk-through's of the scare zones and in all honesty they look... Meh. I was going to take a trip to Thorpe this month for Fright Nights but I might not bother now. I understand given the conditions it's very difficult to provide a 'usual' experience but they look extremely hit or miss. The mazes don't look great, the upcharge is ridiculous too for what they are. Creek Freak Unchained looks awesome though, I really enjoyed the maze last year and it looks like they've got a good continuation there.
It's basically what they had outside the family saw mill last year!