• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

It’s a pretty damning indictment of the current state of Thorpe that the most interesting point of debate is how a typo slipped through the net on a graffiti mural.

I fully expect TP will misprint the signs to next year’s “big new” attraction, whatever that may be, where they label the 1.2m height restriction as 2.1m meaning only giants can go on.

I remember the 2010-2013 years where graffiti fonts featured really heavily in their marketing, together with the big heads and the aggressive anti-family “nation’s thrill capital” marketing push.

I always thought that they moved away from this for a reason. It seems odd that they’re now back to using graffiti and increasingly describing themselves as “the UK’s most thrilling theme park”

Morning guys. Rarely post yet always read daily. I know its difficult to predict at the moment and as we move into September also difficult yet trying to plan a midweek visit to thorpe to avoid long waits, w/c 6th September. Any idea what could be considered best? Maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday?

Kind regards guys

Wouldn’t say there be much difference in a Tuesday or Wednesday once people at back to school. However it’s been very hard to predict queue times at the moment and how busy the park is cause of covid. I would guess it will start to get quieter when kids go back to school and people back in to work properly.

I don't know to what extent Thorpe has fallen over today, but they've enacted their return guarantee with tickets valid on any future date. Power cut or general crapness?

Infuriating to see a few 'we got on loads with our access passes' comments on Facebook, while others queuing properly clearly couldn't. The RAP system still needs fixing urgently.

Infuriating to see a few 'we got on loads with our access passes' comments on Facebook, while others queuing properly clearly couldn't. The RAP system still needs fixing urgently.

Anyone with the mentality to post such things also probably has the mentality to see it as free fast track which should be seen as proof that the system needs overhauling. Someone who needs RAP is probably suffering as a result of these people as it's supposed to be designed to help people.

I mean, who has the mentality to go on social media and post to people who've had a miserable day and brag "I'm alright Jack, I've got RAP". How has the system become so broken that the difference can be so stark?

Strategically place to cover up a colossal mistake?
Fixed it for you Roy :p;)

Following on from what @TheAverageNerd said in the Chessy thread, I think "not what I was expecting" rules out a B&M Hyper or RMC as those have been heavily discussed in the past. Let the speculation begin! :D:p

Last edited:
Or create an anonymous account and spill the beans. Job done.
Do you really think that's fair to the people who are working their socks off behind the scenes to make the new attraction a reality whilst trying their hardest to keep it under wraps? Have some respect please. :)