• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

That's just be bog-standard annual ride inspections. Cool pictures, though - would love to climb Saw like that :p

Thorpe Park

I possess the qualifications to do their job, but the seasonal nature of the work has always made it prohibitive for me to seriously pursue ride inspections as a career.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

So that's where the people that are meant to be building SW7 are! ;)

Another of the pictures of Track Inspection showed a 360° Themed Attractions van outside X/The Passing. Any thoughts as to why? Initial thought would be that they are making changes to the Passing, but surely it'd be too early on for this to be happening. Maybe it's got something to do with the rumoured X re-theme?

Ahaha! So a couple of hours ago, the website was updated with 10.30pm and now it's back to 9pm.

:p

Shame I never got a print screen of when it was updated for a 'short' while.

I wish I had got a bloody photo! It literally was changed about an hour ago!

My keyboard refused to type the obscenities I just wrote!

Tom said:
Thought it was suspect...amateurs.

Or a human error but geeks are so quick off the mark they had no chance to rectify before it was spread around.

We forget we put these parks under more scrutiny than a lot of companies get.

Thorpe Park

I can't envision any error that would lead to that change. Maybe it was a joke aimed at enthusiasts :p

Ah, now that's just depressing. The minute I saw it'd increased to 10:30pm, I'd tripled my planned visits. Now it's reverted to 9pm, looks like it'll be just the one visit as per usual.

The fact that someone would have had to go into and change the open times for fright nights only suggests to me something may be changing, just not finalised yet, 9pm was too early last year.

If this was just after the open times were released i could accept it was just a cock up, but seeing as theyve been out ages and fright nights was the only thing to change i suspect somthing may well change.

Its possible it might still happen, but its clear its not be confirmed at the moment.

Finally, a near miss that might feel like one!

I didn't expect it to be so large if I'm honest. After it's taken some time to digest, I'm much more happen with the changes they're making.

I've tried to view the documents but all I get is:
The system is too busy to respond to your request. Please try again later.

Is this because of us? Damn geeks! :p

After reading the application, oh dear Thorpe, looks like you need to get your act together before Mr Varney intervenes! The Swarm really has been a flop for Thorpe but I'm really not sure turning it backwards and adding some additional theming is going to give the results they want. New theming is great though!

:)