• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I mean I'm sure the Marketing Team were fully aware that the ride prominently featuring in a random Tweet would be closed when posted.

Fake toy shop facade for stitches? Didn't expect that

frightnights2023_september3rd-33.jpg

Don't know if the park put it here for geeks looking through the fence. But the big top logo can be seen on the outside wall of room 14

frightnights2023_september3rd-32.jpg

Black and white floor inside the maze.

frightnights2023_september3rd-25.jpg

Credit - https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Fright-Nights-2023-September-Construction-Update

It’s a busy day at the park today but I see that there’s no single rider queue for Saw: The Ride.

I enquired about this at Guest Services and was told that it’s only a seasonal thing that they run at certain times. Can’t help but feel that’s a bit of a pity, especially when it seems that many cars are going round with an empty seat on it.

It’s a busy day at the park today but I see that there’s no single rider queue for Saw: The Ride.

I enquired about this at Guest Services and was told that it’s only a seasonal thing that they run at certain times. Can’t help but feel that’s a bit of a pity, especially when it seems that many cars are going round with an empty seat on it.

I think that's down to a staffing issue. There was no batcher yesterday and the single rider queue was closed.

A queue shouldn't be "seasonal" that's rubbish!

Its worth noting that the ride only reopened yesterday, so might not have called all of the staff back still? Should be due more staff starting soon for Fright Nights though?

I think that's down to a staffing issue. There was no batcher yesterday and the single rider queue was closed.

A queue shouldn't be "seasonal" that's rubbish!

Why is it rubbish? Makes sense for some things to be seasonal, quiet weekdays are less likely to need a batching host and you can't really run single rider without batching.

Why is it rubbish? Makes sense for some things to be seasonal, quiet weekdays are less likely to need a batching host and you can't really run single rider without batching.

It wasn’t a quiet weekday though. The park was stacked and ended up having to extend ride close from 5pm to 6pm, single rider would have been certainly valuable.

It wasn’t a quiet weekday though. The park was stacked and ended up having to extend ride close from 5pm to 6pm, single rider would have been certainly valuable.

Okay, the park expected it to be a quiet weekday. They that September would be quieter, hence not putting a staff member on the rota to be a batching host. Yes they got it wrong and it wasn't quiet, but it does make sense to have the batching role be seasonal, they just need to be better at getting the length of the season correct.

Okay, the park expected it to be a quiet weekday. They that September would be quieter, hence not putting a staff member on the rota to be a batching host. Yes they got it wrong and it wasn't quiet, but it does make sense to have the batching role be seasonal, they just need to be better at getting the length of the season correct.
That's definitely a poor excuse - parks put a huge amount of thought into operational calendars, they would absolutely have known that yesterday was an inset day for a considerable number of schools, and so per all previous inset days ever would have been a fair bit busier than what you'd expect a September Monday to be...

That's definitely a poor excuse - parks put a huge amount of thought into operational calendars, they would absolutely have known that yesterday was an inset day for a considerable number of schools, and so per all previous inset days ever would have been a fair bit busier than what you'd expect a September Monday to be...
Given how chaotic it was at the parks on Monday it does seem like they didn’t actually plan for it or put thought into the calendar, if they had then we wouldn’t be discussing it!

Guest services lied to you, it should be all year round.

So what time slots are people going for this year? Not sure if it's been mentioned but the 3 maze combo ticket has 2 pricing tiers -

Afternoon (between 3-6pm) £24

Evening (between 6-9pm) £30

It's a very smart way of spreading the queues out over the day so they're not dead in the afternoon and massive in the evening - but not sure which slot to go for! Tempted to go for the afternoon to save a bit of cash, but then perhaps everyone will have the same idea and it'll be busiest in the afternoon!

Reactions: Tom