• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

AFE2A988-8BD0-4696-8C5B-CF68D2A2B2BE.jpeg
Crows plush. Kinda obvious but oh well
A4D6346F-1150-488A-892F-5E08E998BE43.jpeg
Eww look at the chompers on that thing!?
Light switch is interesting… I heard someone say that it could be when the lights are out the toys come to life? Might be difficult to implement.

AFE2A988-8BD0-4696-8C5B-CF68D2A2B2BE.jpeg
Crows plush. Kinda obvious but oh well
A4D6346F-1150-488A-892F-5E08E998BE43.jpeg
Eww look at the chompers on that thing!?
Light switch is interesting… I heard someone say that it could be when the lights are out the toys come to life? Might be difficult to implement.
I’m guessing the new maze will be toy shop themed maze, where the toys come alive during sections.

Trailers has another year in it. Creek freak had its last year, so this will replace it, then trailers will get replaced, then survival games, and so on. Realistically, it could last forever if they actually changed it, but they haven’t. Wasted potential

Last edited:

‘Nother boring one.

What is going on with the marketing this year? Last year they had full cinematic trailers, but now it’s just generic scaremaze clips… unless they are going to pull a 2021 on us and announce them and then release the trailer, I’m losing hope

Well, clearly their marketing resources are better focused on the major new coaster to come in 2024 instead of a seasonal scare event?

But anyway, in the last video they clearly did film bespoke footage for Fright Nights.

‘Nother boring one.

What is going on with the marketing this year? Last year they had full cinematic trailers, but now it’s just generic scaremaze clips… unless they are going to pull a 2021 on us and announce them and then release the trailer, I’m losing hope

This is definitely worse than last year in terms of marketing, but it may not reflect like that in the end product. I am optimistic.

Jack's too busy giving it all away on his you tube channel?
I doubt it. There’s budget and then there’s pay. Ultimately, his channel and KA filming company are different business. His wage goes into the YouTube channel, not what Thorpe spent on the budget.

But on another note, it does feel weird that the marketing might of taken a hit from exodus, as I know it’s big, but scarefest didn’t take a hit from the smiler, despite them being on similar, if not the same, budget. They’ve been pumping out more events than ever this year, it would be weird to take budget away from THE thing people actually like that they’ve done in the past few years.

The marketing budget for Exodus is included in it's cost. It won't be touching the main park marketing budget. I imagine the FN marketing is within a specific FN budget for a similar reason.

The marketing budget for Exodus is included in it's cost. It won't be touching the main park marketing budget. I imagine the FN marketing is within a specific FN budget for a similar reason.
That is true. It is a Merlin thing to do to, but I was thinking, they can’t keep showing pat fright nights footage forever. There’s got to be a few new things that have to have something new in them, right?

But at the same time, there being 9 announcements last time means we are loosing:
A) Terminals
B) Lamity
Spot for this year. Hmmmm