• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I know this is the right topic and place to be discussing all this fontology and variantitis, and that I am recognised as a disputatious contrarian, but...
Jeez, 99.9% of the population really won't give a damn about a new Thorpe logo.
It has had a few before, another will be along in a few years.
Very clearly closed season thoosie vapours.

Big new coaster coming... nobody really gives a flying flip about the logo out in the real world.

Jeez, 99.9% of the population really won't give a damn about a new Thorpe logo.
Have you ever met people?

A broadly inconsequential change that has been poorly executed? That's exactly the thing that 99.9% of people will jump on. Hot takes on unimportant topics is basically a national pastime.

Thorpe Park are just lucky they are not notorious for leaving people in a long queue, right next to the new entrance vinyl, where folk tend to pass the time moaning about the park. Oh... wait....

Absolutely no one other than Thoosies will moan about it. No one in the history of the world has ever gone to a theme park and said "You know what's stopping me from coming back? The logo."

Most won't notice because the new logo is so bland and boring. That's the problem.

Unfortunately (or not?) I can’t see this lasting more than 4-5 years. It hasn’t been well received and its success is now relying on people “getting used to it” which isn’t exactly a great start. It should have been something that people found appealing from the beginning.

I think a modernised version of the original 1980s logo would have gone down well. It’s very on trend for brands to revert back to modernised older logos for that nostalgia appeal. And it would have fitted with the retro vibe they’ve obviously tried to do.

Definitely agree the 1980s logo is much better, it also has a symbol with the flags, that is something the new one misses and relies strongly on the branding to back that up.

I'd imagine any non-enthusiasts with a heavy marketing background will be amused by it if nothing else.

Marketing people love seeing dreadful attempts at it. Unless they have to berate own company staff about it.

Didn't like the old logo. Don't like the new logo.

I think if it's only ever used in the context of all the other supplementary branding it's fine. It will get complained about, but this will all fizzle out and at the end of the day, Thorpe Park got some publicity and people will still come to the park.

A good logo is important and I do appreciate good branding, it's definitely a plus. However at this stage in Thorpe's game I don't really see it having that much consequence outside of these rude tweets.

Meh!

A good logo is important and I do appreciate good branding, it's definitely a plus. However at this stage in Thorpe's game I don't really see it having that much consequence outside of these rude tweets.
This is true in the sense Thorpe already have a big brand image and get millions of visitors a year. Only problem is the the more successful a business becomes the further they have to fall. Branding being changed for an already well established theme park won't make a difference to visitor numbers, but it could create a negative ripple effect. A lot of people don't like the new logo and have bashed it all over social media, this means that they're already unhappy with Thorpe and will take every opportunity to slate them more on any given thing. This is when news articles are made about stupid things because it's fuelled by Thorpe already being in the headlines

Thought I would wait for the hate to ease before giving my considered and detailed opinion of the new logo. Surprisingly I actually found my opinion of the new logo was relatively positive…….

Yeah no can’t keep that up, it’s a steaming pile of “insert favourite swear word here”. That said I don’t think the clientele of Thorpe park will notice or care.

I’m more surprised the Merlin central guest excellence team are allowing the types of replies that are occurring on Thorpes social media posts. The Thorpe brand allows for a little bit more of a “banter” vibe but the responses are way out of line. Would have thought Thorpe would have been forced to reign it in a bit.

The new branding (not just the logo) feels like the antithesis of the ‘fat heads’ era.

If the fat heads were crass, in your face and over the top, this rebrand is dull, lacklustre and unexciting. It just doesn’t feel ‘theme park’ a place that is meant to invoke joy, excitement, thrill etc, the whole branding just feels so clinical and nondescript.

Whilst the below looks better than just the logo on its own, it still doesn’t feel ‘right’. It is more akin watching a film where they are trying to portray a fake theme park and what they think it should look like rather than actual reality.

IMG_5838.jpeg
Oh and a week in since the official announcement and they still haven’t removed the capitals, the word resort or the old ‘island’ tag line from their social profiles. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_5837.jpeg

Highly likely to be a lot of disagreement here BUT... I like the logo used in this context! Really enjoy it with the Colossus colours too 🥰 Taken from the latest 'sparkle project' update on the passholder page.
FB_IMG_1701967237799.jpg

Tidal Wave is having some significant work done to the bridge too!

FB_IMG_1701967425022.jpg

Highly likely to be a lot of disagreement here BUT... I like the logo used in this context! Really enjoy it with the Colossus colours too 🥰 Taken from the latest 'sparkle project' update on the passholder page.
FB_IMG_1701967237799.jpg
See I think that with that swirl motif behind the text, it's much more passable. It's a shame that that's an optional addition, rather than an actual part of the logo.

Very much agree, it looks a little better with the swirl behind the logo, it invokes some kinda motion that a theme park has , still not perfect but an improvement. Not a fan of the multiple colour combinations still!

I wonder if the use of the swirl behind the logo is due to the backlash and feedback they have received, as on the branding examples this kinda logo wasn’t on there, just the logo with the swirl as a background.
195c08d0e4af561bd91e738b0cbd274f.jpg