• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I do think that the logo looks better with the swirls behind it, however, this application of gold logo on gold swirls which they used in a Hyperia update last night is not good at all:

IMG_6214.jpeg

The gold on gold, with similar colours in the background also, make the logo difficult to read. It feels like they are forgetting the basics of graphic design, and this is coming from someone who has zero experience in that field!

I do think that the logo looks better with the swirls behind it, however, this application of gold logo on gold swirls which they used in a Hyperia update last night is not good at all:

IMG_6214.jpeg

The gold on gold, with similar colours in the background also, make the logo difficult to read. It feels like they are forgetting the basics of graphic design, and this is coming from someone who has zero experience in that field!
I don't know how else to describe it other than: it looks like the opening to a stop motion film 😂 Can't put my finger on why!

IMG_6214.jpeg

The gold on gold doesn’t work but the 3D effect over the swirls makes it look more like a logo.

They should have jut simplified the logo they had or just keep the text.

There arn't many cases of companies completely changing it to the extent where it looks completely different:

EyvkLpeXAAE0JuF.jpg-large.jpeg

Something similar to below would've been a better evolution of the logo IMO.

thorpelogo.jpg
That’s actually really cool.

The gold on gold doesn’t work but the 3D effect over the swirls makes it look more like a logo.
Yeah would have looked better if the ‘Thorpe park’ font was white, but then that wouldn’t have stood out against the sky. Difficult!