• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I agree completely with don't buy the Sun, but the park offer is so good, and I love the lack of profit for Merlin...
So I may do it twice for the new coasters this year.
Anyone know how to do the paper voucher route, I thought it had stopped, but apparently you can still do it by snail mail.

It is, however, fraud and breaks the terms & conditions of the offer; in additional to being immoral.

There are moral questions about buying The Sun in the first place, of course, but two wrongs don't make a right.
I paid my booking fee with Merlin to redeem the offer and didn't give a penny to Murdoch/The Sun. The <5% of Sun buyers who actually use the offer get an instant backup code if their one doesn't work. It's not that deep.

I paid my booking fee with Merlin to redeem the offer and didn't give a penny to Murdoch/The Sun. The <5% of Sun buyers who actually use the offer get an instant backup code if their one doesn't work. It's not that deep.
You stole something, but it's ok because you paid for parking and the store has more out back. Free stuff 😎

Stealing because you don't want to give money to a company/person you don't agree with isn't a moral, or right, or getting one over on the man. It's still theft and it certainly doesn't give you the moral high ground.

You stole something, but it's ok because you paid for parking and the store has more out back. Free stuff

Stealing because you don't want to give money to a company/person you don't agree with isn't a moral, or right, or getting one over on the man. It's still theft and it certainly doesn't give you the moral high ground.

I think your looking to much into it, deals are there for consumers who hunt for them. Some people fine deals, codes, coupons some people don’t. Some are designed to be easy to find, some are designed to not be so easy. Many companies use very clever using “misleading deals” to grab the consumer under there wing, sometimes you have to play them at there own game. At the end of the day they still win as it’s drawn you to both companies either way, it’s gets us talking, it gets us paying regardless. No one right or wrong here it’s just clever business all round so everyone wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redeeming a code and not buying the product (even if it is the Sun) isn't a good look.

It's why lots of products with codes hide them in the packaging so you have to open it.

Given there are many struggling and these codes might well be their only option of a day off the misery of life when there are plentiful options of BOGOFs elsewhere isn't the flex it is.

On topic, saw Thorpe were bigging up the area retheme again. Any updates on it as of yet? Would like to know it the colour changes will be as bad as Hyperia.

Apologies for the double post.

The discount given when prebooking parking at Thorpe Park has been scrapped, meaning for 2024 car parking will be £10 per day.

Well, they've got to pay for Hyperia somehow.

The Sun picked up on this story, seems they aren't afraid to post negative things now even though they have the voucher deal. Either that or the 'journalist' didn't get the brief.
I can't believe you're about to make me defend The Sun but... Independent editorial is absolutely paramount in any media outlet. No journalist, or reporter, should ever be told that they can't report on something because it might upset an advertiser or jeopardise a financial interest. News reporting should not be beholden to the commercial interests of advertising partners.

Merlin and The Sun may have a commercial partnership with the voucher deal, but that doesn't and shouldn't give Merlin a free pass, or prevent them from being under scrutiny.