• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I'll admit I jumped the gun on how THE SHOP was going to turn out. I quite like how it looks in those more recent images. Perhaps I'll feel the same way about the Forby Vals come March.

It’s a prime example of something I’m victim of all the while. Judging things before they are done. It’s different to what we expected but in my opinion it looks very good and vibrant. Vibrancy seems the way they are going and I’m all for that! Less of the constant dark themes please

On a slight tangent, what happened to Thorpe Park no longer calling themselves THORPE PARK? All their socials and references on the website still show their name is full caps.
Very true, it is possible for them to change their account names. Quite easy actually! You’d think they would want brand alignment across all platforms

Alton “the uks number 1 theme park” Towers, hasn’t received this much non capital investment in 15 years combined?

What are we missing?

We don’t really know at this stage how much work has (or hasn’t) been carried out at Towers over the winter yet. Thorpe are clearly in the ‘advertise it’ camp, the new Towers management could be taking a different approach.

Probably because Hyperia is likely to draw people to the park who've never been, or haven't been in decades who'll be wanting to ride the UKs tallest roller coaster. Need the park to look in someway presentable. Be a tough ask if all these guests end up in those awful security line cattle pens the parks insisted with the last few years.

A lot of this 'Sparkle Project' work should be general/yearly maintenance.

It's giving me Towers Loving Care vibes.

It's good to see, but at the same time should we be celebrating basic maintenance of rides/areas that have been neglected for over 15 years. What happens after this 'project'? Back to leaving the place to rot?

Probably because Hyperia is likely to draw people to the park who've never been, or haven't been in decades who'll be wanting to ride the UKs tallest roller coaster. Need the park to look in someway presentable. Be a tough ask if all these guests end up in those awful security line cattle pens the parks insisted with the last few years.

I appreciate the point, and it’s probably the case.

But wouldn’t Wickerman of done that? Smiler?

Wouldn’t that warrant similar levels of attention and investment?

It’s great to see. It just seems very out of character

I appreciate the point, and it’s probably the case.

But wouldn’t Wickerman of done that? Smiler?

Wouldn’t that warrant similar levels of attention and investment?

It’s great to see. It just seems very out of character
The investments you're referring to at Alton Towers took place during a different period of time, with a different corporate structure and a different management, team, than the present, with very different goals.

Wickerman in particular came off the back of The Smiler settlements and ensuing budget cuts, but also TLC.

This is the first large project since Merlin went back into private ownership, it's likely that its new owners are looking at longevity and the whole package, rather than a big ride and no general upkeep.

The investments you're referring to at Alton Towers took place during a different period of time, with a different corporate structure and a different management, team, than the present, with very different goals.

Wickerman in particular came off the back of The Smiler settlements and ensuing budget cuts, but also TLC.

This is the first large project since Merlin went back into private ownership, it's likely that its new owners are looking at longevity and the whole package, rather than a big ride and no general upkeep.

Fair points. Hopefully it does show a real sea change in terms of approach. I’ll await to see what see what march 16th looks like and post, project horizon looks like before I draw too many conclusions. Wether it’s a locally pushed Thorpe plan, major investment plan or parks wide on going investments