• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The twitter x algorithm brought this post to my attention. Recently similar happened to me on Batclone in Madrid, although I was wearing a black waterproof coat and not white trousers, so shrugged it off.

From: https://x.com/JRosen2005/status/1772246288517501115?s=20

It's a particular issue with inverted/suspended coasters because the chain's above the riders, and although they're is a kind of guard to prevent oil dripping down, it is more likely that on a traditional coaster. Clearly good customer service would be to compensate the guest for the damaged clothing, and the cost is small for a company the size of Merlin. Whether or not they will do I don't know.

I think this has always been an issue in wet weather towards the start of the season. I think in the past they've had warning notices, though I might have made that part up.

They even had ponchos 1 year I believe

Ah, that's what I was misremembering, I knew they were at least aware of it. Probably for the best that idea was killed off as the effect on operations must have been catastrophic

Ah, that's what I was misremembering, I knew they were at least aware of it. Probably for the best that idea was killed off as the effect on operations must have been catastrophic

I'm not sure operations even cross the minds of management there...

It would appear that Thorpe Park have finally changed the thumbnail of their mobile app to reflect the new logo:
IMG_1725.jpeg
As much as I quite like the new logo, I have to admit that it evidently doesn’t scale down to an app thumbnail very well based on that picture above… I don’t think that thumbnail looks especially good at all, if I’m being honest.

It would appear that Thorpe Park have finally changed the thumbnail of their mobile app to reflect the new logo:
IMG_1725.jpeg
As much as I quite like the new logo, I have to admit that it evidently doesn’t scale down to an app thumbnail very well based on that picture above… I don’t think that thumbnail looks especially good at all, if I’m being honest.
That looks poor. The writing isn't even completely in the thumbnail.

That looks poor. The writing isn't even completely in the thumbnail.

I think it looks great, it is obviously a design choice to have some of the logo outside the edges of the box.

Its like the current Coke can where the first C and last a are missing when viewed from the front, but it still all makes sense
0402002.jpg