• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Went to Thorpe Park for the first time last week and really enjoyed it!! I went on an off peak day that was completely empty so got on nearly everything. I was very impressed with some of the park but am also uncertain for its future.

Lost City - impressed me as an area, not particually heavy theming but cohesive and nice to walk through, Colossus was also good, I didn't find it very rough, I would say it is as good as Sik at flamingo land although that has a better drop, I think the inversions on Colossus are more enjoyable.

Jungle - I thought this was one of the weaker areas of the park but not bad at all, Nemesis Inferno was good and very intense, I liked the theming around the ride even though there wasn't much of it,

Amity Bay - this was my favourite area in the park and I really hope Thorpe Park get back to the standards of this area for future investments, The area had a lot of energy especially around tidal wave and stealth, not loads of theming but enough to make it feel unique, I also really liked the radio station playing I thought that was really fun. Stealth was also really good and I got 11 rides on it.

Swarm Island - I was a bit dissapointed by this area although the coaster was great, I didn't real feel invested in the area at all, it just felt a bit nothingy. Like a dark theme but with no depth to it. I don't know if its normal but there was some diggers on the area behind Swarm Island seeming to be doing ground work.

Ghost Train/Walking Dead area - didn't get on ghost train but I went on walking dead multiple times and really enjoyed it, It was my second favourite ride behind stealth, I thought the theming was pretty good and really enjoyed the midcourse engine starting part. I hope they eventually take away the IP but keep the zombie theme and tie it into either Lost City or the Jungle area.

Saw area - Saw was closed but I had a walk around the area and I thought the theming was really good, I felt like it really fit into the park even with the IP theme.

Hyperia area - I think Hyperia as a coaster looks really good and will probably be the best roller coaster in the UK but the theming and area looks really dissapointing, I don't see why they couldnt have at least tried to have a decent theme to it even if it is just a nice looking station building instead of a shoe box. The station looks bad and the coaster looks even more like a ciggerate in person. I hope Thorpe Park returns to doing to decently themed areas with a nice atmosphere that would be a lot closer to "feel good thrills" Hyperia's area.

does anyone know the size of the island behind swarm? I was watching an iron gwazi POV and wondered if something on that scale could fit back there.

Even if not, a 'smaller' scale hybrid, like Wildcats Revenge or Arie force one would be perfect back there

Went to Thorpe Park for the first time last week and really enjoyed it!! I went on an off peak day that was completely empty so got on nearly everything. I was very impressed with some of the park but am also uncertain for its future.

Lost City - impressed me as an area, not particually heavy theming but cohesive and nice to walk through, Colossus was also good, I didn't find it very rough, I would say it is as good as Sik at flamingo land although that has a better drop, I think the inversions on Colossus are more enjoyable.

Jungle - I thought this was one of the weaker areas of the park but not bad at all, Nemesis Inferno was good and very intense, I liked the theming around the ride even though there wasn't much of it,

Amity Bay - this was my favourite area in the park and I really hope Thorpe Park get back to the standards of this area for future investments, The area had a lot of energy especially around tidal wave and stealth, not loads of theming but enough to make it feel unique, I also really liked the radio station playing I thought that was really fun. Stealth was also really good and I got 11 rides on it.

Swarm Island - I was a bit dissapointed by this area although the coaster was great, I didn't real feel invested in the area at all, it just felt a bit nothingy. Like a dark theme but with no depth to it. I don't know if its normal but there was some diggers on the area behind Swarm Island seeming to be doing ground work.

Ghost Train/Walking Dead area - didn't get on ghost train but I went on walking dead multiple times and really enjoyed it, It was my second favourite ride behind stealth, I thought the theming was pretty good and really enjoyed the midcourse engine starting part. I hope they eventually take away the IP but keep the zombie theme and tie it into either Lost City or the Jungle area.

Saw area - Saw was closed but I had a walk around the area and I thought the theming was really good, I felt like it really fit into the park even with the IP theme.

Hyperia area - I think Hyperia as a coaster looks really good and will probably be the best roller coaster in the UK but the theming and area looks really dissapointing, I don't see why they couldnt have at least tried to have a decent theme to it even if it is just a nice looking station building instead of a shoe box. The station looks bad and the coaster looks even more like a ciggerate in person. I hope Thorpe Park returns to doing to decently themed areas with a nice atmosphere that would be a lot closer to "feel good thrills" Hyperia's area.
I’m surprised you say that about swarm - I’ve always felt that area is very well done with the huge props - ambulance sticking out the ground, fire truck, police vans, packing crates & helicopters etc… it was better when the screens worked in the queue showing news reports and I wish they would fix those. (Not a dig, just an observation, I know we’re all entitled to our opinions)

Absolutely not. Have you seen the size of Iron gwazi
Looks fairly compact to me for a 200ft RMC. Certainly nowhere near as big a footprint as Zadra or Steel Vengeance.

Could definitely get a big RMC in that space if they wanted to/weren't so tight.

Edit: can't read, thought we were talking about the Hyperia area.

Still though, with a bit of creativity I could see an RMC behind Swarm.

With Hyperia opening this week Thorpe need to update their website page for stealth, seems odd advertising it as ‘one of the UKs tallest roller coasters’ and ‘the UKs fastest rollercoaster’ I know this is an easy thing to sort,but with people around the world having eyes on Thorpe the information can be confusing to them
1e5bb252b82e4b55a0fadfd1068111d5.jpg

e0656e1057098884287e488e6a16969b.jpg

Just rode Ghost Train for the first time since the refurb.

Absolutely atrocious. What a total effing embarrassment. Tear it down. Now.

If the Wonka Experience was a ride.
Last year at fright nights we stayed in a shark cabin as it had free unlimited fast track plus maze tickets as the park wasn't open the day after

Ghost train was the only ride not included...queue'd for it on a very busy day for about 2 hours

Honestly couldn't believe it when we was on it...who could possibly think that was a good idea

Last year at fright nights we stayed in a shark cabin as it had free unlimited fast track plus maze tickets as the park wasn't open the day after

Ghost train was the only ride not included...queue'd for it on a very busy day for about 2 hours

Honestly couldn't believe it when we was on it...who could possibly think that was a good idea
How can the fright nights team make some incredible mazes (no, not you survival games, you’re okay), but the actual creative team can’t even get a good scare on a multi-million ride system!

I actually really like the current ghost train, and went recently with a few friends who all enjoyed it as well.

It’s not particularly scary, but it is quite camp, and I find myself laughing a lot on it. It feels like that’s the vibe they’re going for with it and in a park as intense as Thorpe it’s good to have something different to ride.

Not the best ride in the world by any means, but I do genuinely find it enjoyable. Can understand why people don’t enjoy it though.