• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Thanks for the info. We decided to wait for hyperia to open but we should have done Colossus and saw first in hindsight as was suggested. It proved to be irrelevant in the end because the queues were so light throughout the park (probably due to the temperature hitting 31 degrees just after opening)

Having come back from riding hyperia for the first time I have to say, I'm devastated! It was so ROUGH! It was horrible, like really bad! How is this hurting so much without even an otsr?

We had our first ride on the second row. I don't know if it was the high temperature that was affecting the ride or maybe just us being dehydrated but we both came off very unimpressed and with a headache.

I persuaded my partner to have one more shot at it at the end of the day (4pm) with the expectation that having a different seat we would do much better. I asked in the station for the back row which was rejected and we were allocated row 2 AGAIN!

Our second ride was a little less painful but still uncomfortable. Having been allocated the same damn seat I have nothing to compare it with. It may be a mix of the heat and dehydration that caused a horrible ride or maybe it was a bad seat/train. Either way the jury is still out on my opinion of Hyperia but at the moment I'm placing it alongside Colossus which I really don't care for.

I'm taking my niece and nephew to Thorpe next week so I'm going to give it another shot and hopefully I will get to enjoy it as much as I really want to.

I don't see other people talking about how rough it is so hopefully I can change my opinion of it next week.

Thanks for the info. We decided to wait for hyperia to open but we should have done Colossus and saw first in hindsight as was suggested. It proved to be irrelevant in the end because the queues were so light throughout the park (probably due to the temperature hitting 31 degrees just after opening)

Having come back from riding hyperia for the first time I have to say, I'm devastated! It was so ROUGH! It was horrible, like really bad! How is this hurting so much without even an otsr?

We had our first ride on the second row. I don't know if it was the high temperature that was affecting the ride or maybe just us being dehydrated but we both came off very unimpressed and with a headache.

I persuaded my partner to have one more shot at it at the end of the day (4pm) with the expectation that having a different seat we would do much better. I asked in the station for the back row which was rejected and we were allocated row 2 AGAIN!

Our second ride was a little less painful but still uncomfortable. Having been allocated the same damn seat I have nothing to compare it with. It may be a mix of the heat and dehydration that caused a horrible ride or maybe it was a bad seat/train. Either way the jury is still out on my opinion of Hyperia but at the moment I'm placing it alongside Colossus which I really don't care for.

I'm taking my niece and nephew to Thorpe next week so I'm going to give it another shot and hopefully I will get to enjoy it as much as I really want to.

I don't see other people talking about how rough it is so hopefully I can change my opinion of it next week.
I've only had two rides on Hyperia on "reOpening Weekend" so not enough to make a proper assessment, but both rides were really rough and left all our group with moderate headaches. Given the high praise coming from the community I am hoping that we were just unlucky and I might get a much smoother ride in the future which changes my opinion, but from what I've experience it shakes you around far too much to be able to enjoy it properly. I had expected it to be as smooth as the likes of Blue Fire and Icon and it just wasn't.

For what it’s worth, my sister rode it on Sunday and described it as “really smooth”. Seeing as she also said that some of the other Thorpe rides, particularly Saw, were “rougher than [she’d] previously remembered”, I wouldn’t describe her as having a ridiculously high tolerance for coaster roughness.

She also told me it was “epic”, “unlike any coaster [she’d] ever done” and that she thought I’d love it, which makes me excited for my own visit on 18th August!

Given that “roughness roulette” seemed to be a well publicised problem on Voltron, though, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some variation between trains and seats.

Haven’t ridden since opening day, and only managed one ride, but didn’t find it rough at the time, and I find Saw unbearable these days. I was riding on the left hand side of the train.

Hoping to get on it again tomorrow so interested to see if my opinion changes regarding roughness!

The only rough ride I've had on it was on opening day funnily enough. Was near the front of the train and it gave me a headache.

Haven't felt it anywhere near that bad since then after 14 rides on it, but there is often a small vibration at the base of the first drop.

I had 7 rides on it this afternoon and most of my rides were towards the back which were fine as normal. However, I did have a row 4 ride which was noticeably quite rattly, which is the first time I've ever noticed any kind of rattle/roughness which is strange.

Couple of other observations from today;
- Stealth has a new pre boarding announcement in the station to try and help with throughputs, telling you to sit down bars down etc..
- Colossus had a new announcement in the queue again to help with throughputs, explaining baggage and loading procedure.
- Issue with Hyperias queue board most of the day - showing 35 minutes but announcing in the queue it was 90-100 mins at times.
- Saw a couple people just over the fence on the stairs from the SRQ to the main queue. Shame they didn't make this slightly taller.

I have had nothing but smoothness from riding it. The only thing I can think of which could change how rough it is is steel expansion/contraction from temperature changes? or the fact that its just a new ride and its all breaking in. Then again I did get row 7 when I rode it so maybe it is just worse at the front. Sad to hear considering this coaster is supposed to feel floaty and smooth.

Having ridden more than 20 times now I can't say I've had rough rides on it and find it really smooth. Only thing I have noticed for me is a few goes that felt more intense but that was likely as it was a hotter day and a ride later in the day.

I was there last Sunday and Monday and even in the hot weather I think hyperia is a smooth and graceful coaster I've had 35 rides in total and smoothness wise it's up there with swarm and inferno for me, granted sometimes feel a slight rattle but I have that down to speed, I've also tried every seat, row 2 and 3 are the only rows I prefer to avoid but I don't think there's a bad place to sit on hyperia.

Saw is rough and even though I don't get headbanging it can still leave me a little bit dazed and Colossus I don't fit in the restraints but for me dragon khan is my top limit for roughness that I can just tolerate for reference.

It would appear that Thorpe Park have added shade coverings to Saw The Ride’s queue line:

I appreciate the sentiment, and it will be nice to have some shade in there, but I think that possibly makes the queue look worse than before. At least before, you did have some breathing space and views of the ride, whereas now, it literally looks like you’re in a big metal cage.

It would appear that Thorpe Park have added shade coverings to Saw The Ride’s queue line:

I appreciate the sentiment, and it will be nice to have some shade in there, but I think that possibly makes the queue look worse than before. At least before, you did have some breathing space and views of the ride, whereas now, it literally looks like you’re in a big metal cage.
I understand the need for shade, but this looks atrocious. Thorpe need to think about presentation as well as functionality (Fearless Valley being another example of presentation taking a back seat).

But at least you are no longer in a big metal cage quickly getting sunburn!

Edit, I've just clicked the link and wow that looks terrible! I'd assumed "shade structure" would be fabric not metal. Also, they could have sorted the weeds out!

How could anyone pass that off as being acceptable? It's appalling! I understand the corrugated roof is in keeping with the theme of Saw, but there's no need to put it that close to the top of the fence! A foot or 2 higher would make a lot of difference.