• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

I love the sound of the Lionsgate-Fright Nights partnership, but I have a feeling Thorpe will take the lazy option and just retheme the mazes from previous years
Fingers crossed I'm wrong though.
Also, a continuous conga style would remove any feeling of realism from the maze, and make it feel like a factory production line. Would not want.
However, the activity from Thorpe looks a damn sight more exciting then scarefest this year, and has real potential

Maybe they will do a late night scare maze with an extra cost? Kind of like how towers did with the extreme Sanctuary last year. maybe 10-12, will get people to stay late and would be something that crash pad people could also take advantage of.

Just back from our 1st Thorpe park visit, totally enjoyed it ! Swarm is quality,
Stealth is exhilarating, Saw was interesting ;) bit jolty and gives you a bit of a rough head, overall would score the park 10 out of 10, love the attention to detail on the ride themes, personally would say this edges AT off my theme park top spot !

It's a great theme park, they have some truly brilliant rides. I'm going again in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

It is a great park, the reason it doesn't take my top spot though is it doesn't install any inspiring non-coaster attractions.

If they start putting in some dark rides and family stuff it could wee all over Alton Towers

I went to Summer Nights this evening.
Great little event. Didn't seem very busy although there were plenty of cars in the car park. Mostly a one train wait in the station apart from Stealth which had about a 4 train wait (all on one train obviously).
The park was parked earlier in the day, pretty much everything over 60 minutes, until way after 6pm.

Rode The Swarm backwards for the first time. It felt tamer, although the first drop disorientated me a little. Forwards though, I absolutely loved it tonight. It's a great ride, the area atmosphere (especially at night) beats anything else in the UK in my opinion.
The Saw jolt is worse. I have decided that Eurofighters are just too intense for me to enjoy more than once.
First ride on X without the block - Infinitely better, but no smoke effects.
Looking forward to heading back for Fright Nights.

Sounds like you had a good night.

Last night seemed to be one of the busier summer nights the park have had, it was quiet but the park wasnt a ghost town which made it a much better atmosphire and gives me more hope we will see them having longer hours like this next year too! :)

I think it must of been busier last night. I went Friday the 23rd, and no trains were going round even half full (including stealth). Don't know how true this is but apparently there were only 350 tickets sold. Sounds about right as I stayed on stealth for 10 in a row.... Everything was on one car (quite rightly) but never qued for a single minute the whole evening. Spoke to a guy on one of dozens of re-rides on inferno, and he reckoned he'd done 20 on stealth. We could of kept going for another half hour (left at 10) but was actually starting to feel dizzy, and being the white knuckle junkie I am, has never happened before. Probably close to 50 rides on the big 5. Just one on collossux (even poorer than I remember) and just one on x, couldn't bring myself to re-ride when stealth was so close.

Oh, apart from all the rides were later opening than half 7, nearer 8. All the faff with park guests having to retrieve their phones etc, was pretty badly organised, but other than that, awesome night.

Very eeery at night though, walked a good while by saw and the loggers leap entrance and not a soul in sight.

On the one hand it's good when it's empty because you have the run of the place, but on the other hand it's a shame to see it struggling. I'm there in a couple of weeks, I wonder how busy it will be.

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

The summer nights are weird, last nights was quite busy but the ones at the start were stupidly quiet so credit for them to bring them back actually. Theres for sure potential for the park to go back to its old days of open hours till 10pm throughout summer, the last week or so the parks been pretty rammed throughout the week and i guess will continue into the next few days before schools go back!

Thorpe's Fright Nights website is now online and can be seen here; however there are not yet any details on the mazes. It certainly is a completely different feel for the event.

:)

Ah fair enough. It wasn't there when I last checked and I hadn't seen it posted here so thought I might as well link to it.

:)

It wouldn't surprise me if they charged for the mazes, especially considering they're using an IP and overhauling a lot of them. I don't mind paying as long as the quality is there. However, charging an event fee (for standard pass holders) and maze entry isn't ideal value for money. I think Fright Nights would work well as a separate evening admission, in a similar way to how they ran Summer Nights.

Emails are being sent out to MAP holders regarding an exclusive preview event for FN on Friday 4th October:

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW EVENING
FRIDAY 4TH OCTOBER 6.30PM - 10PM

Dear [name here]

We're thrilled to invite you to our exclusive Fright Nights Preview event for Merlin Annual Passholders & Merlin Members on 4th October.

Be the first to experience the UK's premiere Halloween event, as THORPE PARK and Lionsgate presents a horror movie takeover for Fright Nights in 2013.

UK Halloween fans won't need to head to the USA to experience the ultimate scare experiences this year, as THORPE PARK has teamed up with Lionsgate - to bring some of their iconic and award winning horror films to life. Thrillseekers can brave terrifyingly entertaining scare attractions based on popular Lionsgate movies including The Cabin in the Woods, My Bloody Valentine, Saw, The Blair Witch Project and You're Next, and experience the Park's exhilarating thill rides long into the dead of night.*

On 4th October, between 6.30pm - 10pm we are opening our gates exclusively to Passholders & Members to preview this epic event before the general public - for free! Spaces are strictly limited, and booking will go live on Friday 13th September at 6.30pm on the link below - so be quick and don't miss your chance to secure your space!

Due to the nature of this event we recommend that it is not suitable for children under 13 years of age.