• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They’ll never learn will they.

What really had potential was Island Beats, just needed them to scrap all the different tickets / tiers of tickets for it to have attracted many more people.

The start of summer holidays is always dead. A weak, poorly advertised, hastily cobbled together event was never going to change that. Coupled with the weird weather we've had this one was never going to be popular.

That doesn't mean the other two won't be popular (they may be, they may not be). But regardless, it's a bad event.

Throp behind the times again. Clubbing is a thing of the 90s.
Should have learnt from last years MIS nights that were dire.
Most people stood outside drinking and smoking fags rather than being on the dance floor.
That’s what they need. A night sponsored by John Player Special

Throp behind the times again. Clubbing is a thing of the 90s.
Should have learnt from last years MIS nights that were dire.
Most people stood outside drinking and smoking fags rather than being on the dance floor.
That’s what they need. A night sponsored by John Player Special

Sounds like a standard nightclub these days...

Only when the whippersnappers suddenly decided to rebel against their elders and decide smoking was no longer cool.
But anyway, Let's not derail this too much. ;)

[Insert Thorpe comment here. I have nothing left to say about the place]

Yup. The smoking ban utterly killed nightlife in this country.

Best thing to ever happen I hated smelling like a Ash tray by the end of the night but by the time the ban came in I had started to settle down. I wouldn’t want to go a theme park and get smashed.
Dance music during the day only works on stag do or lads weekend away aboard nowadays

I’ve seen afew times now people saying Nemesis Inferno has improved as its aged.

Can anyone explain how? Genuinely would like to know.

Only been on it once in 2012 and didn’t rate it that much although it it was fun.

From my rides last week, its definitely running much faster than previous years, the final figure 8 helix is getting close with Nemesis' first helix with intensity, the ride experience seems to have improved with the newfound speed. The heat will have played a part in the speed but its much more intense and whippy than back in 2012 for some reason

I’ve seen afew times now people saying Nemesis Inferno has improved as its aged.

Can anyone explain how? Genuinely would like to know.

Only been on it once in 2012 and didn’t rate it that much although it it was fun.
Quite a few coasters, especially B&Ms, seem to gain speed as they age. For example, I once heard that Helix's ride duration was 3 seconds shorter in 2016 than in 2014, implying a faster ride.

I think some coasters just start to bed in over time; wooden coasters also have a tendency to do this.

There are all sorts of variables that mean coasters speed up and slow down, but with Nemesis Inferno I think in part people are actually just kinder about that ride now than they once were.

When it opened, forums like this were agog with "This ride doesn't deserve the Nemesis banner" etc - glad to see the coaster community has grown out of such things :)rolleyes:). Now with all that nonsense aside people have concluded it is what it always has been, a solid mid-size B&M inverter without the features that make its namesake one of the greatest.

I would say Nemesis Inferno has improved with age. When I rode it earlier in the year it felt better than when I rode it about 10 years ago... it's got more intense than I remembered. That said, for me it's still a weak inverter.

As for the Nemesis vs Nemesis Inferno debates... I think Tussauds brought that on themselves. If they'd chosen a more imaginative name then I don't think people would make such a big deal out of it. They were just asking for a comparison.

I'm still annoyed that the go-to abbreviation for Inferno amongst Thorpe staff (and many of their guests) is just "Nemesis".

Nemesis is in Staffordshire.

How about NeminThorpe instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I went and endured Bouncezilla today. It's certainly... a thing. Physical exertion at its finest, despite the layout being much smaller than I was expecting. Didn't enjoy it much at all.