• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

She is actually taking the piss out of Thorpe, which I love.
DE8C374C-84FF-4077-A189-A7996C1E1B76.jpegB98F2317-AAE6-4E18-AC45-46C8E3836424.jpeg

A few updates from the video,
- Wet, Wet, Wet has been removed (or gone on tour 😂)
- the old depth charge photo building which was RAP building recently has been knocked down.
- New playground outside the sone
- toilets being re done in the dome.
It's been years since I've seen Wet Wet Wet open so I'm not surprised it's going.

It's been years since I've seen Wet Wet Wet open so I'm not surprised it's going.
It'll be Gone Gone Gone soon 😛🙃
DE8C374C-84FF-4077-A189-A7996C1E1B76.jpegB98F2317-AAE6-4E18-AC45-46C8E3836424.jpeg

- the old depth charge photo building which was RAP building recently has been knocked down.
Also, the building to the right of the turnstiles is now the Accessibility Kiosk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Another interesting thing is the ride queue time boards have been updated, which are apparently more accurate. 🙂

Interesting promo vid from Thorpe! :)

(Disclaimer: don't try this yourself!)

Great drone usage, sound track meh, actual concept idea... Terrible. It's a frigging theme park... Your emphasis is on the park and rides not a bunch of men seeing how to que jump the most. Very one directional. No proper message, marketing manager aged 14?

@rob666 its marvelous to hear that Blackpool Plesure Beach have saved Rocky Express.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Interestingly, Thorpe Park is building a playground near to the entrance, aimed exclusively at children under 12:

Apparently it’s a new Merlin strategy to have a play area in every theme park.

Could Thorpe possibly be starting to aim to appeal to a wider demographic?

Interestingly, Thorpe Park is building a playground near to the entrance, aimed exclusively at children under 12:

Apparently it’s a new Merlin strategy to have a play area in every theme park.

Could Thorpe possibly be starting to aim to appeal to a wider demographic?
Since they're about to build a hyper coaster in place of younger age attractions, I'd say no.

Interesting Thorpe are getting a playground. With Thorpe's clientel I'm imagining it now to be full of teenage louts throwing the swing over the top of the bar, smoking, drinking Lambrini and drawing pictures of penis's and writing "for sex call....." with felt tip pen on the side of the slide.