• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

So what time slots are people going for this year? Not sure if it's been mentioned but the 3 maze combo ticket has 2 pricing tiers -

Afternoon (between 3-6pm) £24

Evening (between 6-9pm) £30

It's a very smart way of spreading the queues out over the day so they're not dead in the afternoon and massive in the evening - but not sure which slot to go for! Tempted to go for the afternoon to save a bit of cash, but then perhaps everyone will have the same idea and it'll be busiest in the afternoon!
Truly a question of the ages. Many philosophers have tried and failed to tackle this brain teaser.

In all seriousness though, afternoon is going to be busier, because of how much the website advertised it as just being better, but then going in the evening is wasted scare zone time. I don’t think queuing for the scare mazes is a massive problem, I never remembered them being longer than 30 minutes, and don’t forget the money

I am really annoyed they did this, I quite liked the secret of it

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
So finally got the opportunity to visit yesterday for the first time and even though my expectations were low, I just kept looking at the wife with the tune of "This place is a shit hole, I want to go home" ringing in my head all day.

A couple of positives:

The Swarm - although felt it needed to go on a tad little longer.

The Toilets - Being a Crohn's suffer I felt they were all clean yet felt the hand washing facilities were a tad complicated. Give me a good old fashioned tap!

My 14 year old Son enjoyed his day which was the main thing as it was his birthday weekend and couldn't have asked for more being surrounded by so many of his own people...Chavs!

Final Thoughts:

I always said to the wife we would have to go Thorpe Park when my youngest reaches 1.40 but I don't see that happening. Apologies if I have offended anyone that likes the park...actually no I'm not. I never thought I would find a worse operated park than Flamingo Land in the UK but here it is.

Oh and no gravy option at the KFC.....summed it all up.

Come on dude, it's an awful lot better than Mingo.
Mingo has comedy value though due to them clearly not giving a shit.

Also can someone explain to me how the hi-vis jackets of the Thorpe Park security guards have got so dirty?

In some interesting news, Scott from Your Experience Guide was told on a lift hill climb that Colossus is getting a technical upgrade for 2024 that will result in restraints being able to be released individually. This will mean that when a rider doesn't fit or needs their restraint adjusting, their restraint can be released on its own as opposed to the current situation where every restraint on the train needs releasing and rechecking.

This should really help to improve throughputs on Colossus, as by my observation, the constant need to release and recheck all restraints due to guests not fitting or restraints needing to be adjusted is one of the biggest bottlenecks that's hamstringing the ride's throughput at present.
Source:

(Go to 2:55 if the timestamp doesn't work)

That sounds like a good idea. Colossus' throughout is usually rubbish. This should help improve that.
In some interesting news, Scott from Your Experience Guide was told on a lift hill climb that Colossus is getting a technical upgrade for 2024 that will result in restraints being able to be released individually. This will mean that when a rider doesn't fit or needs their restraint adjusting, their restraint can be released on its own as opposed to the current situation where every restraint on the train needs releasing and rechecking.

This should really help to improve throughputs on Colossus, as by my observation, the constant need to release and recheck all restraints due to guests not fitting or restraints needing to be adjusted is one of the biggest bottlenecks that's hamstringing the ride's throughput at present.
Source:

Source:

That's good news. Having experienced that myself, it will be a much needed improvement.

Last edited:
Hi, don't know if this thread is the best place to ask, but I can't find a straight answer online (and I'm a Thorpe regular!)

What sizes are the new lockers in the Dome? We're coming to Thorpe for a couple of Fright Nights, then going straight up to Alton for 4 days of Scarefest, so I'll have a small cabin-sized suitcase with me. Would that fit in the biggest lockers? Thanks!

So finally got the opportunity to visit yesterday for the first time and even though my expectations were low, I just kept looking at the wife with the tune of "This place is a shit hole, I want to go home" ringing in my head all day.

A couple of positives:

The Swarm - although felt it needed to go on a tad little longer.

The Toilets - Being a Crohn's suffer I felt they were all clean yet felt the hand washing facilities were a tad complicated. Give me a good old fashioned tap!

My 14 year old Son enjoyed his day which was the main thing as it was his birthday weekend and couldn't have asked for more being surrounded by so many of his own people...Chavs!

Final Thoughts:

I always said to the wife we would have to go Thorpe Park when my youngest reaches 1.40 but I don't see that happening. Apologies if I have offended anyone that likes the park...actually no I'm not. I never thought I would find a worse operated park than Flamingo Land in the UK but here it is.

Oh and no gravy option at the KFC.....summed it all up.
We're going to thorpe park next sunday for our daughters 16th birthday...staying over in the shark 'hotel'

We've been a handfull of times ourselves and never had a bad experience....first weekend of fright nights though and i'm reading it's a dodgy day to visit on...i thought that only happened at towers 😟

Hi, don't know if this thread is the best place to ask, but I can't find a straight answer online (and I'm a Thorpe regular!)

What sizes are the new lockers in the Dome? We're coming to Thorpe for a couple of Fright Nights, then going straight up to Alton for 4 days of Scarefest, so I'll have a small cabin-sized suitcase with me. Would that fit in the biggest lockers? Thanks!
I’m not too sure, but they are the same lockers as towers and chessie I think which got added a couple of years ago, so if you’ve used them before.

We're going to thorpe park next sunday for our daughters 16th birthday...staying over in the shark 'hotel'

We've been a handfull of times ourselves and never had a bad experience....first weekend of fright nights though and i'm reading it's a dodgy day to visit on...i thought that only happened at towers 😟
Sundays at Fright Nights always attracts a certain type of guest unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry though, security are always on high alert and the small surface area of the park means they can get about quickly and keep on top of any trouble. They'll all be kicked out by the time it gets dark.

Sundays at Fright Nights always attracts a certain type of guest unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry though, security are always on high alert and the small surface area of the park means they can get about quickly and keep on top of any trouble. They'll all be kicked out by the time it gets dark.
Do they? I’m going on a Sunday, I’m not going to be with a bunch of wrongans, right?