• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I really like the look of the concepts; it's fun, bright and seems to suit Thorpe really well.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the 4D film, it will obviously be an IP but it would be nice if it is something they can change every few years to keep it fresh.

Last edited:
Repainting is already underway on Colossus. The base coats are already being put on.

From: https://twitter.com/Theme_parkgeek/status/1725598289762898140?t=pV3LgK67BfznUKbV47E2gA&s=19

I'm really excited about this TLC project. I always loved colossus, but to be honest, it was looking pretty terrible for quite a while now since the blue paint peeled off and the when they stopped using the water, then fulling it up with. It looked great during it first few years!
00435309.jpg
colossus07.jpgaaamtwb.jpeg.jpgtumblr_o4g4prL9Pz1tatej5o1_1280.png
aaamttd.jpeg.jpg

I've never seen those pictures before. They are very good quality, and clearly show how much the colour scheme of Colossus has degraded over time.

Transcript from the Angry Birds Land retheme planning meeting:

TP - "Most of our money is tied up painting supports on Colossus, but the Angry Birds IP ends and we need to do something. How did you guys fix all the rotting facades and retheme stuff up at Alton?"

AT - "We didn't. We just slopped primary colours all over Towers Street and Walliams World."

TP - "Brilliant idea! Do you have any of the paint left?"

AT - "Yeah sure, it's in the shed out back. Leave the pallets of purple though, we need that."

From: https://twitter.com/J_Silkstone/status/1727029633416311186?t=ViiXxYBDVIIEQA7IqyCZ0A&s=19

Some of the track has already been completed, it looks nice and fresh. It really shows how unnecessarily long they've left it to decay! Good to know though that it's finally getting the TLC it needs (outside of new trains).

I know some have rightly felt like this shouldn't be a big deal as it should be standard maintenance but it's really good to see the focus on smaller details of the park! Forgot how beautiful that blue is 😍

Also, Thorpe have formally acknowledged that removing Slammer is on their list... maybe we'll see a new flat by 2030...

It’s looking great! Long overdue, amazing to think it hasn’t been painted in 21 years.

Glad to see all those awful wooden canopies round the cobra roll have been removed! Hopefully the ones round the main entrance have gone too. The ones at the front aren’t as offensive but just to show what I mean. They were all randomly added about 10 years ago, presumably someone realised how open it all was without any sort of netting and panicked! Hopefully they’ll put up something less intrusive now.

Attachments

• IMG_3279.jpeg
    IMG_3279.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 82
It’s looking great! Long overdue, amazing to think it hasn’t been painted in 21 years.

Glad to see all those awful wooden canopies round the cobra roll have been removed! Hopefully the ones round the main entrance have gone too. The ones at the front aren’t as offensive but just to show what I mean. They were all randomly added about 10 years ago, presumably someone realised how open it all was without any sort of netting and panicked! Hopefully they’ll put up something less intrusive now.
Thorpe have advised on fb they are being replaced, they were added in 2008 following a lengthy closure…

If they were painted the same as the track colours they would be fine, if it’s for health and safety reasons. I hope they wash all the theming walls to, it’s still shocking how it even got to this state.

Last edited:
Thorpe have advised on fb they are being replaced, they were added in 2008 following a lengthy closure…
Wow, can't believe that was 15 years ago... hopefully they replace them with the usual netting on poles like you see on newer project where the netting is designed at the start, as all the wooden canopies they haphazardly added to Colossus really enclosed a lot of the ride.

Wow, can't believe that was 15 years ago... hopefully they replace them with the usual netting on poles like you see on newer project where the netting is designed at the start, as all the wooden canopies they haphazardly added to Colossus really enclosed a lot of the ride.

Hopefully Towers take notes for Rita too

Looks like Thorpe Park are going to be revealing their new logo and brand identity on Thursday evening:

IMG_6141.jpeg

Intrigued to see what direction they go in. Hopefully they can keep a consistent and coherent brand going forward.

Does it really take three days to announce a brand re-design?

The current era of milking absolutely everything for social media engagement is incredibly tiresome.