• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Apparently Jack Silkstone has already confirmed that he wasn’t involved with the logo, for what it’s worth.

Although it admittedly wouldn’t have been overly surprising for Jack or some of his friends to be involved seeing as they now seem to work for Thorpe in a borderline official capacity.
Ah thanks Matt! I've not seen this! Whilst it's great that fans have the talent/passion to create some really interesting video content... I'm not sure about leaving an entire rebrand to them 😂

Some of the replies last night from the Thorpe park team across social media platforms were absolutely uncalled for. Someone really took it all to heart and got pretty defensive/sarcastic.

A few examples attached.

Attacking people back is not really the way the park should be represented, nor the way to get people on-side with their new brand. I think perhaps they should be looking on indeed.
I’m pretty sure that in the third video, Thorpe said that they’re going to listen to their customers. Yet, on the same evening, 95% of their customers are giving negative feedback and they’re reacting this way.

Kind of hilarious that they don’t see the irony, since the whole messaging we were supposed to be getting from these videos was that there was previously a disconnect between the park and their customers and that now (they claim) they’re putting it right.

Clearly the social media team never got the memo.

A member of the passholder group called TP out regarding their tone of voice on social media following the logo reveal and this was their response. Team Jack Silkstone seem to have been the brains behind the 3 part series (I'm sure I saw a tweet confirming they had full involvement but can't find it again - think it was from Arch Nemesis) with that in mind... this adds further to speculation that they are behind the rebrand...
Screenshot_20231202-085430_Facebook.jpg
Yet they haven’t acknowledged that their responses to comments have been rude, even when the original thing they are replying to wasn’t.

Last edited:
The rebrand website states that they are going to communicate differently and say things "as they are" now. I would say the style we have seen in the past few days has been intentional, but I suspect it will be quietly reversed imminently. Being nice works both ways.

A shame, as I was looking forward to replies like "it's closed because of staff absences" or "we are taking a train off to reduce operating costs" etc next season.

The rebrand website states that they are going to communicate differently and say things "as they are" now. I would say the style we have seen in the past few days has been intentional, but I suspect it will be quietly reversed imminently. Being nice works both ways.
The stupidest way a business can respond 'as it is'. Did Thorpe learn nothing from Towers saying ' It's better than nothing' to paying customers

A member of the passholder group called TP out regarding their tone of voice on social media following the logo reveal and this was their response. Team Jack Silkstone seem to have been the brains behind the 3 part series (I'm sure I saw a tweet confirming they had full involvement but can't find it again - think it was from Arch Nemesis) with that in mind... this adds further to speculation that they are behind the rebrand...

"If someone comments expressing their dislike and why, that's cool- we acknowledge the feedback"

The replies on social media the last few days show they don't think "that's cool".

"However, some comments have been rude and hurtful"

People being rude on social media? I thought everyone was polite and kind on the internet! 🤯

That's not an apology and they may as well say 'we are only listening to positive feedback'. Bizzare.

"If someone comments expressing their dislike and why, that's cool- we acknowledge the feedback"

The replies on social media the last few days show they don't think "that's cool".

"However, some comments have been rude and hurtful"

People being rude on social media? I thought everyone was polite and kind on the internet! 🤯

That's not an apology and they may as well say 'we are only listening to positive feedback'. Bizzare.
The team behind this logo are hurting inside because they know they've messed up

The three part series was very good, but this doesn't mean that people shouldn't criticise Thorpe's actions when they do something that is unpopular, such as the new logo.

This is an important point. It all comes across as 'We're happy to listen to feedback, as long as it's really nice and agrees with what we do'. As soon as people have given negative feedback they've just gotten very defensive, as if the person replying has taken it personally. If you're just on the payroll and being professional, you wouldn't react quite like that, I don't think.

I've got to be honest here. I've read all of the comments on here over the past couple of days and the feeling I get (I could well be wrong) is that the people on the Thorpe account who are giving these distasteful replies are somewhat directly involved (or one removed) in the creation of the new logo. It's just the feels that you get. Then when there are screenshots even showing the Thorpe account claiming that they were responsible it further enforces this feeling.

I'm going to stretch even further and question whether the upper tier at Thorpe have decided that they have this group of enthusiasts who are decently talented in social media and creation and have seen using them as a big money saving exercise instead of employing a proper agency to handle this major rebrand (taking advantage of their enthusiasm, if you like). This is total speculation and is just on gut feeling and the stuff put forward on this thread. Have they named an agency that they used for the rebrand? I sincerely apologize if I've got any of this wrong and for any offence in that case. It's just the feelings that I get. I could well be very wrong.

I'm going to stretch even further and question whether the upper tier at Thorpe have decided that they have this group of enthusiasts who are decently talented in social media and creation and have seen using them as a big money saving exercise instead of employing a proper agency to handle this major rebrand (taking advantage of their enthusiasm, if you like). This is total speculation and is just on gut feeling and the stuff put forward on this thread. Have they named an agency that they used for the rebrand? I sincerely aplogize if I've got any of this wrong and for any offence in that case. It's just the feelings that I get. I could well be very wrong.
If you’re referring to the likes of Jack Silkstone, Jack has confirmed that he had no involvement in designing the new logo. They haven’t named a specific agency, but Jack has confirmed that he was not involved with it.

If you’re referring to the likes of Jack Silkstone, Jack has confirmed that he had no involvement in designing the new logo. They haven’t named a specific agency, but Jack has confirmed that he was not involved with it.
I wasn't particularly thinking of him as an individual, as I had already seen that he has denied his own involvement. I have seen that he has people around him who are involved with media creation etc though. There are so many enthusiasts/vloggers/media creators who claim to have expertise in graphic design that the likes of Towers or Thorpe could pick out of many many people who they wanted to do something for them 'on the cheap'. Like I said though, this is just a feeling that comes across, not a direct accusation.

Jacks a pretty talented guy so would've been interesting to see what he came up with if he would've got involved. As for enthusiasts designing the logo I doubt this is the case. Us enthusiasts think alike and there's no way enthusiasts worked together to make this logo and thought it would run with the community

I kind of like the new logo, I don’t know.

The old logo was horrible. Not the infinity orange and blue symbols, that’s cool, but specially the distorted white letters. They were looking like sausages placed on a grill 🤣

It's very amusement park, and that's absolutely fine because that's exactly what Thorpe Park is. If it were a true theme park you'd have more of a themed identity from the minute you enter the prison gr.. I mean admissions area.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk