• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I could see why the park wouldn’t really bother with keeping it open if it was so quiet. I can imagine the staff probably hated it!

Was a bit sceptical when I heard the stealth area was having a new colour scheme but I’m pleasantly surprised and think it still is very fitting, I’m sure it will get more details and graphics on top like previously.

I’m actually so happy with the amount of love Thorpe is getting this year it’s seriously impressive and much needed!

I wonder if they’ll add effects to make it look worn and old, as when it opened, or if they’ll take the opportunity to have it looking clean and shiny! New direction and all that. There’s not as much of a need to have it looking battered to fit in with Amity Cove/Tidal Wave anymore.

Happy with either anyway! Only thing with the latter option is they won’t be able to let it decay for 18 years again and not be noticeable. (Christ, I remember the year it opened)

Would love it if the WWTP van made a return, shame that got moved elsewhere. Is it in the shark cabins now? Not seen it in a while.

I wonder if they’ll add effects to make it look worn and old, as when it opened, or if they’ll take the opportunity to have it looking clean and shiny!
I reckon they'll go for clean and shiny, looks better in Instagram pictures, I wouldn't expect many new theme's and area's to look old and ruined because it just doesn't look at good unless cartooned, doing it accurately just looks like it isn't looked after when your having a quick glance.

Thorpe are on fire with frequent updating at the moment! Here's another Sparkle update with some of the shared photos. Looks like they did indeed use the dark blue to cover whole sections... but positive to read about the rockwork restoration in the tunnel sticking to the original look 😊
Screenshot_20240118-191803_Facebook.jpgFB_IMG_1705605459826.jpgFB_IMG_1705605503584.jpgFB_IMG_1705605526007.jpgFB_IMG_1705605603021.jpg

Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Really not a fan of the blue on the shop. It just looks a bit… Garish. The great thing about Colossus back in its day was how natural it all felt. Very green and stoney. This just looks out of place. Especially given the fact it’s actually a stone facade!

Perhaps the biggest concern though is it won’t wear anywhere near as well as the original finish. Give it a few seasons and it’ll look dull and washed out.

Everything else they’ve been doing so far looks good. On the whole still positive changes, even though it’s embarrassing they allowed it all to get to this point in the first place.

Would be a shame to do all that work to Stealth and not to touch up those supports in the foreground of the shot though!

It does seem a very strange choice, especially as everything else is absolutely bang on (for me at least!) but will reserve judgment until it’s finished. Remember the early photos of the new Ghost Train paint job didn’t look great until they added the details on top.

Sun tickets are back (wish Merlin would stop associating their brand with this paper, but anyway that’s not the point of my post).

That new Thorpe logo just looks so ‘meh’ when it’s sat against the other parks. I didn’t even notice it was there at first, it just sort of ‘disappears’.

IMG_6038.jpeg

Photo: Chessington buzz.