• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Toverland: General Discussion

That new indoor section right before it returns to the main building is adorable. That and the queue line itself are the clear improvements, Hopefully this sort of treatment creeps into the front section of the main building with the junior coaster and the slides next.
The first building seems to have so much wasted space in it, I’m sure if they redesigned it now, adding theming etc, they could get more in there and make more of it. Now it’s technically at the back of the park compared to the front it feels a bit dead in there and lifeless

I thought the same on my visit last year, if the coaster hadn't been so quiet relative to all the other rides I probably wouldn't even have gone anywhere near that part of the park.

I think the coaster is part of the problem with that building as it takes up a lot of space relative to what it does. The only vaguely similar indoor coaster I've done is the former Zierer at Metroland, which was higher off the ground allowing more to be built underneath it.

That new indoor section right before it returns to the main building is adorable. That and the queue line itself are the clear improvements, Hopefully this sort of treatment creeps into the front section of the main building with the junior coaster and the slides next.
It's just beyond anything Efteling could do.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

So Looopings are reporting that one of the new rides for next season in the Avalon area will be an Intamin parachute drop tower ride. It’s believed to be the same type of ride which Disney land Paris have in Toy Story land.

Didn’t really see that coming. Especially in Avalon.

I’m intrigued to see how they fit it into what I think is one of the best landscaped areas of any European park.

And we now have the announcement:

Concepts of each of the new rides:

csm_Pixarus_concept_middel_v2_30ee53397d.jpg

csm_Dragonwatch_concept_middel_4692a576e9.jpg

csm_Garden-Tour_concept_middel_e085c2fe1a.jpg

csm_Jumping-Juna_concept_middel_b372909496.jpg

They'll all be lovely additions to Avalon no doubt. Although I can't say any of them particularly excite me.

The investment totals €10 million and as well as the above 4 attractions it includes:
  • A water playground
  • A toddler playground
  • Special experience elements full of magic
  • 2 new characters, Sparky the dragon and Juna the unicorn
It is all expected to be ready in mid-2023.

The area needed more life within it, and selections suit the target market.

Some good views of Fenix from the Sky Fly queue for certain.

Think the sky force type thing should create a new element for those on Fenix as well as on the flat ride itself

Think the sky force type thing should create a new element for those on Fenix as well as on the flat ride itself

Not the thrill Flat Ride I'd have chosen. I think a Frisbee / Gyro Swing would work so much better there and they are also far better rides too in my opinion.

The kiddie rides look good though. The Toy Story Parachute ride at DLP is always worth doing.

Looking to visit for the first time next year, where have you stayed before when you are visiting Toverland? I can’t seem to find any classic chain hotels locally.

Are you just visiting just Toverland or as part of a multi park trip? We flew into and stayed in Eindhoven as a base for visiting both Efteling and Toverland. Both easy to get to via public transport from there.