• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Does that meathe road to the express car park will be finally sorted?

Don't look like it yet, still full of pot holes :eek:

20170121_img_1088_hursty.jpg

That roller looks promising :) but I doubt we will be that lucky :eek:

20170121_img_1117_hursty.jpg

A lot of wood and various other items currently occupy the express car park, could this be for SW8?

20170121_img_1074_hursty.jpg

....and yet more. If you look at the name of the construction company, the Talbot name is emboldened. Is this a conspiracy that intends to rob the knob and make the park lose so much money that it is returned to no more than a stately home and grounds, therefore allowing the former Talbot Earl's to sleep peacefully in their graves? Just saying like ;)

....and yet more. If you look at the name of the construction company, the Talbot name is emboldened. Is this a conspiracy that intends to rob the knob and make the park lose so much money that it is returned to no more than a stately home and grounds, therefore allowing the former Talbot Earl's to sleep peacefully in their graves? Just saying like ;)

Looks like they played a part in NS-Terra, well we all know how that ride ended up :rolleyes: Let's hope this one last longer ;)

http://www.kettleandtalbot.co.uk/#portfolio

they also worked on Octonauts.

Can towers hire a road sweeper and operator off them to give the paths a good clean.

Going back to what was discussed a few pages ago.... if Merlin truly believe that their parks are getting better, then they are just as deluded as we think.

Thorpe is fine though, coz you can't really ruin it.... DBGT is an utter waste though, and proof that Merlin are so amateur like in this business. They tried with Saw Alive, which is fine, but it failed... so they then make I'm Celeb... they tried with Sub Terra, it was crap and it failed, so they then make DBGT.

The annual pass weekends at Thorpe and Chessington are a shambles year in year out, it's like they've never operated a park before. Towers has always been fine though. BUT, Merlin are ruining it. What was once our staple park, our park to be proud of, our world class park.... is now just a park with *some* good coasters and a couple of badly aging flats.

Only good things Merlin have done to Towers IMO is Mutiny Bay and Smiler.

Where's the variety gone? What the actual hell is the Dark Forest all about? Ug Land was better.

This is Alton Towers for goodness sake. Alton freakin Towers. The park that all 70m people in the UK know about. The park that everyone I know gets excited to visit. IMO they're just sucking the soul out of it. Remember when Forbidden Valley had 3 flats?!

That said, these TLC improvements are very much welcome. Towers Street should look amazing with all that hard-core cleaning. And X-Cite looks cool too - just bring back the shop please. And bring back variety, add themed family/kids rides all over the park.

Soz.

I didn't have the intention of writing of all that.... I only wanted to ask about Nemesis, and what's going on with its repaint for this year? XD