• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Some extra safety features have been put in place:
C3mvXgGWIAE8KaF.jpg

From TowersStreet's twitter

I can see.... four different styles and colours of fence in the one photo, must be a world's first that.
Someone tell Merlin Pronto. :) In all seriousness why can't Glacatica get a repaint and a new video or two, it would give Merlin to market it for another season.

This has to be one of the worst fences yet. I can't believe people are agreeing with it!!

Think about it, is falling off those rocks any more dangerous/likely than falling down the steps by the Oblivion hole, falling over in the Nemesis pit, falling into the lake and just about everything you possibly do in the gardens?!?

This has to be one of the worst fences yet. I can't believe people are agreeing with it!!

Think about it, is falling off those rocks any more dangerous/likely than falling down the steps by the Oblivion hole, falling over in the Nemesis pit, falling into the lake and just about everything you possibly do in the gardens?!?

It's not always about falling though off something though, kids could attempt to climb that and slip, falling forward hitting their face. I've seen it happen on similar rock structures before. They get really slippery when wet.

Although it is still overly cautious. I wouldn't say I agree with this (or any) of the fences, just that I can sort of understand the idiot proofing behind this one. Although it looks awful.

And the worst fence, by miles, is still the Katanga bridge one.

It's to do with blame culture nowadays as well. In the old days when little Jimmy fell off something and broke his arm it was his own fault. These days if little Jimmy falls off the same thing his parents would soon be suing Merlin and be all over the local press.

It's not always about falling though off something though, kids could attempt to climb that and slip, falling forward hitting their face. I've seen it happen on similar rock structures before. They get really slippery when wet.

Although it is still overly cautious. I wouldn't say I agree with this (or any) of the fences, just that I can sort of understand the idiot proofing behind this one. Although it looks awful.

And the worst fence, by miles, is still the Katanga bridge one.
We might as well fence off the entirety of the gardens then.

Children who are of an age to be able to climb those rocks without knowing the dangers (like my own children) would be supervised by an adult. If an accident does happen, then it's crap parenting. If a child is old enough to be unsupervised in the park and is stupid enough to climb this (rather small) pile of rocks and they break a bone, tough. It's called growing up and learning not to do stupid things.

At least the ridiculous Katanga fence was built to alleviate an actual risk, this one has no logic to it.