• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Really? o_O

It's tolerable and reletively clean, but not exactly Starbucks is it?

100% serious. I like the touches they've done with the tea lamps and tables, and it's always one of the more chilled out places to go to. Maybe "love" was a bit extreme, but I do genuinely like it.

And Starbucks is beyond awful, so it not being like Starbucks can only be a good thing.

If there was actually more to do in and around Towers Street perhaps more people would hang out there. As it stands now the only reaon for being there is either to buy Fastrack or make a complaint.

Having said that, the restaurant and coffee shop have always done reasonably well have they not?

It's the same with CCL, look back years ago and it used to be quite a busy area. Now there's really nothing to do around there.

Can't recall Towers Family Resteraunt ever being that busy, at the end of the day guests want to be on rides (towers take note before you close any more), I believe they refurbed TFR to the bar and grill because they expected to be busier once CBeebies opened but it wasn't.

Same with the shops, they trimmed them down long before the dark ages of late Tussauds when the park still tried. They just couldn't get people in there long enough to spend throughout the day.

Agree on guest services, as much as it's better than the old guest services they are trying to do too much in that space at the moment.

Even in its current state saying towers street looks like "the regional park towers has become" is a bit harsh. Compare the street to Thorpe, Chessington, Drayton, paultons, flamingo land and Blackpool entrances and it is still pretty nice. That said the inside of the shop is horrid!

I know it's opinion and varied but there is enough defecation at Alton Towers to not need to over exaggerate the state of the "ok" areas.

Towers Street should be open an hour before the park every morning for breakfast and an hour after it closes (I'm talking 20:00 here, not 17:30) for a quality evening meal. At the moment Towers Street is not appreciated since Towers is hardly a relaxing day out where you have time to enjoy browsing or sit down for more than one meal. It's more like a "give us your money, get on a few coasters, now **** off unless your staying in one of our over priced hotels" kind of park these days.

Towers Street has its fair share of flaws, from the grotty side areas and central pond looking a little worse for wear.

That said, it's probably still the best entrance for any UK park and considerably better the entrances at Thorpe, Chessington and Drayton in their current states.

Cleaning roofs and the reprinting are nice improvements but it won't fully heal the wound. Towers Trading though needs a complete overhaul as the inside looks like a Pound World with theme park merch in currently.

It is by far the best theme park entrance in the uk and yes it does have room for improvement but I think they do need to have it open on a morning for breakfast and it would get people hanging around there at the minute people run down towers street to try and beat the queues on the bigger rides without giving it a second look. It has the best atmosphere on halloween when the AA are there, maybe they should have entertainment everyday particularly in peak season.

Reactions: pj
Even in its current state saying towers street looks like "the regional park towers has become" is a bit harsh. Compare the street to Thorpe, Chessington, Drayton, paultons, flamingo land and Blackpool entrances and it is still pretty nice. That said the inside of the shop is horrid!.

Ah yeah with that point I was referring to just Guest Services even though i wasn't very clear in the post.....it's so small and shabby with staff wearing fleeces it's just looks really unprofessional for a major park.

Towers Street is still one of the better areas of the park but only from what has remained from the 80s and 90s with the Victorian buildings, lampposts and frog fountains. Every modification done to it in the last 20 years or so has progressively spoiled it from closing the shops on one side and getting rid of all the benches and flowerbeds, putting that silly wood barn facade on Towers Trading, that terrible YourDay building and general neglect.

Can't see Guest Services being improved/expanded, they don't want it to be easier to complain do they?
When I have been on "problem" days (power cuts) the queue at G.S. was right across Towers Street, and lots of people gave up as the queue wasn't moving, therefore less complaints were registered.

Duel Entrance sign and Crypt is getting some TLC

C3hi1KlW8AEcdmd.jpg

definitely needs a good tidy up! i know haunted houses are meant to look spooky but never noticed how run down it looks from the outside. I suppose they could be doing this if people are going to have to go that way to katanga canyon with the path being closed because of SW8?

Duel Entrance sign and Crypt is getting some TLC

C3hi1KlW8AEcdmd.jpg

Yessss!!

Looks like they've undercoated the railings on the entrance steps too. Good!

I hope they will down most of that ivy since it's covering nearly the whole house.

Also in an ideal world I'd like to see them leave the roof off that crypt. Always looked better before with no roof.

Risk of contamination from bacterial sludge.
Having done a few ponds in my time, I'm surprised that the staff aren't wearing masks and bodysuits.
Glad there isn't smellovision on here, I bet it stank the whole area out.