• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

(does it really do much business as a bar now?)

Christ, I actually forgot this place was also a bar at one point. Actually haven't had a pint in there since a TT meet in early 2013, and even then it felt a bit uncomfortable like they didn't really want people sitting there enjoying a refreshment. Previous to that, it had been years, but it was a decent place to grab a cold one.

Towers Street is such a lost opportunity, they could easily have a variety of buildings used. Clothes shop, toy shop, merchandise shop, sweet shop, bakery, restaurant, guest services in its own separate building, they could even have a mini exhibition/museum of Towers history. Throw in some street ents/shows and you would have a lively and fun area before you end your day. At present, apart from the shop and complaining in the Box Office, Towers Street is nothing more than a long walk through to and from the monorail/car parks.

A million yesses to all of this. Towers Street, the lawns/lake, and the gardens are all tied together as missed opportunities for more 'relaxed' areas of the park. Something it desperately needs.

The resort needs a pub for us normal folk. That don't have family entertainment. Cant be to hard for towers to do.

The Tavern? Even that place has gone downhill.

Or did you mean after park hours? In which case, yes I agree.

Maccies breakfast is a bit grim
Worst comment in this entire thread, possibly even the forum...

I concur with Poisson. Worst thing you could possibly eat for breakfast. Vile. :mask:

Towers Street is a sitting gold mine. It's beyond me why they can't see this. If the whole area operated an hour each side of park opening, and if Towers Street Restaurant was refitted with a nice bar and carvery and was another option for hotel guests for evening meal, the retailer in me says it would be a winner.

A knock-off Harvester might work. There is space behind all these buildings to extend for increased capacity as well as room for ofice space upstairs by the look of it.

I think the street layout could do with an overhaul, the bricks are a bit 1980s.
Formalise the grass into gardens, more of a tree lined boulevard, definite shapes and zoning with benches to encourage lingering, whilst waiting for others to browse the shops. I'm sure that first and last impressions will positively affect guest satisfaction.
Some nice decorated iron fencework at the end of the street, and you can control access to the main park before/after core hours.
Its all honest income being left on the table.

And firing squad is the best way to be executed, but that doesn't make it a good thing.
Really? I'd go for the guillotine personally.

On the subject of TLC and Towers Street Restaurant, have you seen the toilets in there lately? The absolute worst on park by a country mile.

Hell no, I'd want to die like a proud Brit, not a French toff!

.... Anyway, how's that Nemy repaint coming along?

about time, last time i seen the golf it looked in a right state. At least there are improvements being made somewhere.
They did repaint most of the course last year (there are photos on TLC Twitter) but yes the flooring was showing its age, I think the whole area is quite damp so when it rains the golf carpet just stays wet.

I'm hoping they don't damage the relativly new paintwork while doing the flooring!

A knock-off Harvester might work
Isn't the current menu basically knock-off Harvester? Ribs, burgers and chicken.

They've run out of money and have placed a few buckets along the floor.

Budgets had to be moved over to the more necessary fences.

Hey you leave the environmental zone out of this.

New for 2017
Alton's Alternator fuel bucket

We don't just take the pee, we take your crap too and use it to #PowerThePark #GoGreenLeaveBrown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can see it now. Power cut and guests are asked to number 2 for england :D

Imagine it now, a towers employee walking Down a dark toilet. Locked cubicles' all the way. One begins open "sorry luv' you've only done 2v terms & conditions say that all paying guest do at least 5v, 8 if your staying in't hotel!!!"

by the looks of it that all towers employees are from Yorkshire. I don't really know the local Staffordshire accent.

by the looks of it that all towers employees are from Yorkshire. I don't really know the local Staffordshire accent.

No no, there's an actual 'theme park voice', listen out for it next time you go to a park. Also when working at Towers you must always remember to completely over use the word "guys".

"Hey guyz...?"
"Having a great day today guyz...?"
"Can I sell you some fastracks plz guyz..."
"You guyz seen any guyz around here guyz...?"

11013.jpg

When I worked in customer services, I could sense it ****ed people off using a jovial, faux enthusiastic voice - so I just kept on using it :p
There's also nothing better than being patronisingly nice to a moaning customer, closing down all their ridiculous, prejudice arguments and complaints with a dead pleasant run down of the facts and seeing them walk away feeling like fools.

I service my customers regularly, but if I said "Guys" to any of them I would get a slap.
I like it as a fifty odd year old when they describe me as "The Lad" though.
My difficulty is trying to get on with old biddies who are out and out racists though...I like walking away saying, well...life would be very boring if we were all the same.