• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

The vault has had issues with stopping in the right place for the doors to line up for some time - it sometimes takes a while after the ride cycle has finished.
interesting, I've never noticed that when I've ridden it. thanks!

It baffles me, the parking issue. Like why? It's just a round drum, which will no doubt have sensors all around and the ride system will know the position at every moment or else the illusion with the swing wouldn't work.

Hex has far more issues than that though. The missing effects. Broken speakers in the vault.

I hope it gets kept and restored to 'like new' condition though. It's an important ride for the park I think.

Strangely, Villa Volta and Defi de Cesar are also having some trouble with their ride cycles...

Must be an issue throughout most Madhouses at some point...

Vekoma have been in countless times haven't they? Even they can't figure out why the thing won't park properly anymore...

I'm surprised they've been able to operate it at all if it isn't parking promptly. Considering you're trapped in there until it's aligned would have thought that's a bit of a fire escape hazard if it doesn't auto center very quickly when required.

Vekoma have been in countless times haven't they? Even they can't figure out why the thing won't park properly anymore...
That's what I thought too. Seems to be some mysterious cause that cannot be solved. Or a cause they cannot find a fix for.

I think I heard something a while back along the lines of the only way the parking issue could be fixed is by removing the drum from the ride, given the amount of times Vekoma have apparently tried to fix it already.

Towers really, really don't want to remove the drum. It's far too expensive and effortsome :p

I'm sure if it were any of the above mentioned, then Vekoma would have easily found out about the issue, as they would probably have checked for these in the first place. :)

You cant blame them. The drum was built and the outer building was built afterwards. If they want to remove the drum they would have to remove the outer structure!
I'm betting it would come apart easy, probably only held together with bubblegum and masking tape

Its surprising what a lick of paint can do.
I have visited a theme park in Holland a few times, once in 2007, again in 2011, and most recently in 2015.
The first time i went, the place was a mess sort of halfway between the state the American Adventure was in and slightly worse than Alton towers with abandoned derelict rides, scruffy attractions and a fair bit of litter.
The Second time I visited it was like another park, the litter was gone the peeling paint had been touched up, previously rotten bits of wood had been replaced and the overall place had been improved .
The overall theme may have been, or is a little cheesy but the turnaround at Wallibi Holland was impressive.
Some of the previously 'broken' rides had been repaired and re-themed, the boomerang coaster became Speed of Sound, and the launched coaster became Xpress platform 13.
If Alton could replace the queue line from Rita with the one from Xpress it would be a significant improvement.

Another thing Alton has going for it is the House+gardens, without those there wouldnt be an Alton towers in the first place, at the moment these are criminally underused - especialy in the summer evenings, why not re-open the Swiss cottage and open the gardens and house in the evening for the paying public ( all be it paying less than the daytime thrill rides crowd) the National trust has made an art from of that type of stuff - i'm sure that there are also enough people that would buy a garden/house evening ticket and possibly pay enough to make a guided tour worthwhile of either the gardens, or a behind the scenes of a ride.

The waterpark could also do with a little TLC, on one visit I noticed a bolt on the floor in the masterblaster queue line ( the section with the nets) this had come from one of the side attractions ( ball bearing maze) When I alerted a member of staff to this they seemd a little concerned and said they would pass the message on - all that was needed was a replacement nut and a spanner to re-fix this. When I visited the following year the ball bearing maze was still loose on its bracket and still missing its bolt, there were other loose bits on the plastic railings on the steps up - also missing bolts.