• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Plus the fact that after they painted it they curiously decided to add rust effects (why I don't know), got half way round the track, stopped and we haven't heard anything since.

Plus the fact that after they painted it they curiously decided to add rust effects (why I don't know), got half way round the track, stopped and we haven't heard anything since.

To be honest, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that they were told to stop adding the weathering effects after the accident.

It's certainly not ideal that the full repaint has been done over several seasons, but I understand that this was due to Merlin's stringent budgetary provisions, and I'd rather them take longer to produce something of higher quality than blow one year's worth of budget on a shoddy gloss coat of what was there before.

Whether they'll ever be provided the budget needed to bring back the blood rivers, on the other hand, is sadly unlikely.

I'm also curious to what extent they'll paint the rest of the alien next year, because both the back and roof of it still need painting, and they've only implied that they'll cover one side.

To be honest, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that they were told to stop adding the weathering effects after the accident.

It's certainly not ideal that the full repaint has been done over several seasons, but I understand that this was due to Merlin's stringent budgetary provisions, and I'd rather them take longer to produce something of higher quality than blow one year's worth of budget on a shoddy gloss coat of what was there before.

Whether they'll ever be provided the budget needed to bring back the blood rivers, on the other hand, is sadly unlikely.

What? I thought the track painting was done over the closed season of 15/16?

What? I thought the track painting was done over the closed season of 15/16?

Ah good point actually, but nevertheless I can see the accident as putting a stop to any future plans to restore the rest of the weathering, not that I agree with the sentiment.

Doubt the blood rivers ever will come back to be honest because of something like an environmental issue with them f I remember rightly? Shame really, they really added to the ride so hopefully there's a way to solve it one day

Doubt the blood rivers ever will come back to be honest because of something like an environmental issue with them f I remember rightly? Shame really, they really added to the ride so hopefully there's a way to solve it one day

Yeah the red water was once accidentally pumped out of the lake and drained into nearby water ways, the environment agency weren't impressed to say the least and Towers prohibited from having the red water incase they made the same mistake again.

What annoys me is when something gets refurbed to a high standard then the GP vandalise it by putting something stupid on it like 'wag1' or 'Bob Jones was here 12:39 25/11/17'.
That is pretty damn depressing, especially for TLC. Out of interest, do you get that kind of vandalism in American or European parks?
You saying that makes me think perhaps, the reasons why it's taken so long for Towers loving care to form is because a decent percentage of the GP in the UK lack creative imagination, are anti-social, and have no respect for surroundings (litter, smoking everywhere ect). There's no incentive in to investing in the quality of the park if you've got such a dull, boisterous and nihilistic audience.

Graffiti certainly isn't exclusive to UK only parks; Busch Gardens Tampa and PortAventura are two notable cases I recall seeing rife with graffiti; the latter being significantly worse.

Yeah the red water was once accidentally pumped out of the lake and drained into nearby water ways, the environment agency weren't impressed to say the least and Towers prohibited from having the red water incase they made the same mistake again.

Indeed, although it has happened more than once and I don't think they are prohibited as such, it's more that if it happens again they could face a large fine so do not want to take the risk.

:)

That assumes the operator can / does read it, given Alton staffs' track record for assuming the wrong thing, can you blame them for not waiting to take the risk? (I know the water pre-dates Smiler, but the point is the same).

I recall the blood river situation being commented upon at some point by the park (it might have actually been the TLC team, I can't remember), and it was said that to bring it back, they would need to install all kinds of foundational and filtration stuff to prevent any of the previous issues. They didn't say it was impossible, but implied that it was a big enough job that it would need to happen further on in the long run (i.e., they'll never be provided the budget to do it properly).

Surely there must be red water colouring available that is completely harmless to the environment, animals, marine life and is biodegradable? So should a leak happen no damage would be done?
It's the world's most intense ride experience. I say fill it with sulphuric acid, cyanide and blunt razor blades.

No, on second thoughts, Nemmie couldn't really be any better - It's great as it is!

Last edited: