• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Interesting note from Alton Towers on Twitter:

With this being the last year of TLC does that mean we could see it reopen this year?

Sad thing is, haphazardly throwing a load of cheap rags and plastic skulls over all the zombies would be a genuine improvement...

The Tweet announcing they will be posting soon stated there is a hertiage theme to this years TLC. So may not see that many ride improvements, but should hopefully help the rest of the park/grounds.

The Tweet announcing they will be posting soon stated there is a hertiage theme to this years TLC. So may not see that many ride improvements, but should hopefully help the rest of the park/grounds.

I think that means that the first thing they will be showing will be related to heritage not so much the entirety of the TLC posts. At least that is how I read it.

Yeah, that means that they are starting off my showing heritage stuff. Ironially this has nothing to do with TLC!

:)

Yeah, that means that they are starting off my showing heritage stuff. Ironically this has nothing to do with TLC!

Exactly what I was thinking, Isn't the heritage program a separate entity and has been a thing way before the start of TLC? Such as the work on the Pagoda fountain.

Exactly what I was thinking, Isn't the heritage program a separate entity and has been way before the start of TLC?

Most heritage projects are agreed between Towers and SMCD through Section 106 agreements when planning permission for a major new ride is granted.

TLC is largely whatever Wayne wants to blog about I think. These posts are less likely to be the big hertiage projects that they have to do for planning permission and more likely to be the smaller things that are closer to TLC, making the park & grounds look nice rather than a huge project.

Well find out later today! If it is anything to do with the garden conservatories then that is the result of a Smiler S106 agreement. Doesn't make the work any less good mind, they were looking fantastic at the end of last season.