• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

You can see from these videos why Towers used to be considered one of the best parks in the World.

Thanks Merlin for changing that

Precisely. In it's time, it was one of the best. No remembering things through rose tinted glasses here, the proof is in old videos like that.

Merlin suck!

Alton Towers is no where near as good as it use to be. But I think its more than just Merlin. Changes in what people want, restrictions and a number of other reasons have to be taken into account as to why AT has slipped. Yes the park could use a lot of investment but no matter what they do there will be people complaining its not enough.

Back on the terms of TLC It is good to see the project has continued after many were worried SW8 would reduce the amount of work done.

The TLC is essential, more people will now be waiting around for rides to open, giving people more time admire what has been spruced up during winter :rolleyes:

Whilst I approve of the removal of those awful kiosks, this is rather glossing over the fact that it's clearly mainly being done in order to ditch a few staff from the admissions team.

I wonder are they going to have ticket queue fastrack machines at the monorail station :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Am I to assume that the new ticket kiosks will be less convenient, harder to get to and lower capacity?

And probably less detailed CatCF's station...
Over all, solid investment!

By the look of some of the photos they may be opening the old group windows as ticket booths

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

How are you suppose to scan you Kellogg’s box of cornflakes into an electronic ticket machine ? o_O
The same way you would scan your QR/bar code when collecting cinema tickets or using coupons at a supermarket.

I suspect the only issue issue would be people retaining the coupons (if they aren't unique)... but I doubt they would be that bothered.

There are a few unused windows in the coach park building, you can get a similar number of sales points using those.

I suspect the only issue issue would be people retaining the coupons (if they aren't unique)... but I doubt they would be that bothered.

At supermarket Self Service Checkouts, you scan the voucher and it has to be approved by an attendant so that wouldn't be a problem. A customer selects and scans the coupon and an attendant uses their cashier ID to effectively authorise it and take it from the customer. The customer does everything else themselves.

Like Self Service checkouts, these won't replace humans entirely, it just means that 1 member of staff can man 8-10 units at a time rather than just 1 each.

The new ticket booth
UAY61j7_d.jpg