• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Ten out of ten... Well done to everybody behind this.

Nemmie is still amongst the best coasters in the world as far as I am concerned.

Let's hope it's fright time for at least another 24 years.

Looks absolutely fantastic. Just wish they could have finished the track to the same standard. :)

It looks great, I actually prefer it to the original color scheme.
The thing is @Jamie , it sends a strong, clear message, when this kind of thing/looking after a theme park is heralded as some kind of divine intervention. This scheme should be happening EVERY year. Mascots should be reintroduced and assigned to park areas. Towers Street shouldn't be staff offices. It should be a STREET, where you can collect memorabilia (hand crafted not mass production made), or buy sweets and food. Dark forest should be completely redone, with all walkways around in indoor sections. The forbidden valley oasis should be redone to match John Wardley's original concept. New park entrance should be made of stone, of gothic revival design, and should be grand, with flags and fire effects in cauldrons everywhere. New but safe pathways must be made to fit the theming of the areas everywhere. In forest walkways, enchanted woodland theming should be placed appropriately. CCL must be scrapped and redone with a huge budget.
THIS should be normal and what is expected of this theme park, which is supposedly owned by a company that considers itself second to Disney. TLC must be permanent at the very least, never occasional.

It looks great, I actually prefer it to the original color scheme.
The thing is @Jamie , it sends a strong, clear message, when this kind of thing/looking after a theme park is heralded as some kind of divine intervention. This scheme should be happening EVERY year. Mascots should be reintroduced and assigned to park areas. Towers Street shouldn't be staff offices. It should be a STREET, where you can collect memorabilia (hand crafted not mass production made), or buy sweets and food. Dark forest should be completely redone, with all walkways around in indoor sections. The forbidden valley oasis should be redone to match John Wardley's original concept. New park entrance should be made of stone, of gothic revival design, and should be grand, with flags and fire effects in cauldrons everywhere. New but safe pathways must be made to fit the theming of the areas everywhere. In forest walkways, enchanted woodland theming should be placed appropriately. CCL must be scrapped and redone with a huge budget.
THIS should be normal and what is expected of this theme park, which is supposedly owned by a company that considers itself second to Disney. TLC must be permanent at the very least, never occasional.

And then I woke up...

2) The audio - my ex works in the AV world and Ohm speakers are well regarded (certainly better than Bose) amongst him and his colleagues and the works where definitely done by professional sound engineers. The audio is loud but my memory is that it always was this way, I assumed because of the environment. The lighting I have no knowledge of, it hasn’t offended me but I could say it is spot on.

Having had professional experience with both Bose and Ohm, I would tend to disagree. Bose consumer products aren't anything special but in my opinion their professional/install range is very good product.

But, that's neither here nor there. In real world terms a lower quality system perfectly set up and tuned for it's environment will always outperform a high end system which hasn't been configured correctly. I think this is more the case.

There's no getting away from the fact that most parts of Hex sound considerably worse than they did before the refit. Add that to the lighting and programming issues, it makes for a less effective show.

Last edited:
Having had professional experience with both Bose and Ohm, I would tend to disagree. Bose consumer products aren't anything special but in my opinion their professional/install range is very good product.

But, that's neither here nor there. In real world terms a lower quality system perfectly set up and tuned for it's environment will always outperform a high end system which hasn't been configure correctly. I think this is more the case.

There's no getting away from the fact that most parts of Hex sound considerably worse than they did before the refit. Add that to the lighting and programming issues, it makes for a less effective show.
THIS EXACTLY!!! ^^^

The best coaster in the UK and wow it looks so great now it's finished. More excited about getting back on it than I am Wickerman and I'm excited for that too. The people whp say Swarm is the number 1 coaster in the UK worry me. Look at that monster (both the ride and the station). Beautiful.

Personally, I find it interesting to get an insight into the work that takes place over the winter, but not in such an in-your-face way as Towers Loving Care.

How is a Twitter feed which no one besides enthusiasts are aware of in your face?

It's winter maintenance, it's shared with those who are interested. I wish they did more, and didn't use maintenance as an excuse for closed rides, but what they show is good work, and I only hope for more of it.

Thing is, a fair few parks share random maintenance images (more like, "awww our log flume boats are being woken from their slumber") on social media without having to brand it up or whatever...

"Towers Loving Care" is a branding and marketing exercise... The actual work being done is stuff that they've probably only been able to get the budget for by creating such guff, but other parks do pretty much normally (or at least, to a degree so as not to have your station theming rotting away)...

I don' mind stuff getting done it' the fact IT SHOULDN'T be in that state in the first place. Dont close a ride due to budget cuts and then brand it part of the TLC programme. And as soon as they slapped the TLC logo on a sign explaining why is was (not really the real reason) closed. That's when it became marketing