• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

They might notice, but they won't really care THAT much. However, closed rides........

We'll see which ones make the biggest impact with visitors this year. Or is this ludicrous as well? ;)

I totally agree that closed rides will have an impact, but the presentation of the park is vitally important to restore public faith in the rides. If they look shabby, it is not going to instil confidence in the health and safety of the rides at the park.

The loss of The Flume will probably be the biggest blow to guests this season.

The attractions closed are exactly as was announced by TowersStreet back in November.

As for the reasons why Alton Towers are not yet making this clear, I don't know. Merlin could be sticking their oar in heavily here as ultimately, this is still part of the crisis management from last June.

I totally agree that closed rides will have an impact, but the presentation of the park is vitally important to restore public faith in the rides. If they look shabby, it is not going to instil confidence in the health and safety of the rides at the park.

The loss of The Flume will probably be the biggest blow to guests this season.

I have to say, whilst they were not looking their best, they certainly don't look to a degree that the rides are actually unsafe.

That's a big stretch from poor care and attention to detail of a flagship park, to looking like something from M&Ds.

I respectfully can't agree with you on this Dan.

I did not say the rides actually look unsafe. I said that rides which look shabby do not instil public confidence, which after the accident last June is as essential as anything in the theme park this season.

For years people have been saying on this forum that several rides do not look good and need refurbishment.

Suddenly, some people seem to think they don't need to be refurbished?

I am confused.

I have to say, whilst they were not looking their best, they certainly don't look to a degree that the rides are actually unsafe.

That's a big stretch from poor care and attention to detail of a flagship park, to looking like something from M&Ds.

I respectfully can't agree with you on this Dan.
Can't help but agree although I feel that although the appearance is good some parts (dark forest) do need attention but Alton is in a different league to other smaller parks in the UK.

Alton Towers is not attempting to compete with M&D's. Comparisons with what M&D's tolerate and what is expected by guests visiting Alton Towers are unwarranted.

Alton Towers is the major theme park in the UK and therefore should be presented well - the rotting and collapsing theming in some areas, together with poor paintwork needs addressing.

I did not say the rides actually look unsafe. I said that rides which look shabby do not instil public confidence, which after the accident last June is as essential as anything in the theme park this season.

For years people have been saying on this forum that several rides do not look good and need refurbishment.

Suddenly, some people seem to think they don't need to be refurbished?

I am confused.

OK, I will clarify.

The rides don't look so shabby as to affect public confidence.

I think the PR as @James suggested would have benefited more from showing safety testing, followed by a spruce up show care and attention.

I have been with the "GP" who definitely notice it's looking tatty in places, but they see it as that, looking tatty. Like a garden fence needs a repaint, not as in they're worried it's going to fall down on them.

The Smiler was pristine and new.

If safety is the issue, make safety the focus - not gloss. Which the public are more than capable of knowing can simply paint over problems anyway.

I remember the Oblivion repaint back in 2012 and everyone was so excited for it :p It's nice to see this TLC, and if it isn't a one off, I'll be delighted.

I remember the Oblivion repaint back in 2012 and everyone was so excited for it It's nice to see this TLC, and if it isn't a one off, I'll be delighted.
This stuff should and probably is going on every closed season but who outside of enthusiasts is aware of TLC?

But would they? Judging by the negativity from some people here, you would think TLC was some kind of quality reduction programme.

This stuff should and probably is going on every closed season but who outside of enthusiasts is aware of TLC?
It should go on every closed season, I do agree with you. Perhaps the public wouldn't know of this immediately, but maybe they will come March 19th?

If it is noticeable on March 19th the project would be a success and would hopefully get people talking positively about Towers again.

But would they? Judging by the negativity from some people here, you would think TLC was some kind of quality reduction programme.

I have issues with it. Bullet instead of essay lol!

- It's something that should be done anyway.
- They've not advertised it, or using it to any affect close season to mitigate confidence issues.
- It's set against a backdrop of big, largely unreported, closures.

I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't do it.

I just took a look at those pictures, air will look far more imposing, if they sort the station out Nemesis will look good again (though that track requires sunglasses still ATM).

These are good things. No question. I think so much is obvious.

But what else are people supposed to discuss, when there's very little known or released?