• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

At the moment all we know of is the Nemesis track repaint. That's it, nothing else has been announced. So many enthusiasts are still under the illusion that the 'TLC' project is just a facade for multiple ride closures. If it were not for certain members dropping hints that's there far more to 'Towers Loving Care' than the Nemesis repaint, I think everyone on this forum would undoubtedly agree that it's nothing more than a cover up for budget cuts.

Whether it's for enthusiasts, or the public, Towers have done the usual keeping everything quiet. Some people know there's more to the TLC program than meets the eye, so why aren't Towers actually showing us anything? It only take a few minutes to take a picture on a phone and upload it to Facebook. If they pushed out some updates then perhaps there would be more positive comments on here.

People usually go back to being negative because there's nothing to see or discuss, plus... Merlin.

The big problem here is, IMO, both being the enthusiasts and Merlin. The reason is that due to the woeful way Merlin have run the place almost into the ground is that we've really become cynical and sceptical for anything that comes out from Towers/Merlin, the fact many on here now look to the continent (looking at you EP!) and beyond does give me the impression that we've all but lost hope for Towers.

True there has been some good things that have come once and awhile, but they are as rare as spotting the Loch Ness Monster. The forum on here has, thanks to the large list of ride closures, been at it's most negative and critical than it has ever been, and knowing our disdain for Merlin over the years, that is saying something! Like with others have mentioned before, even it all the attractions were giving a full proper refurbishment from top to bottom that we have been wishing for God knows how long, they would all sadly be overshadowed by the controversial ride closures.

So in the end, there is no real winner here.

I fully expect the next Towers blog post to be early next week in the days right after the MAP sale has ended. That way they can't get people deciding not to purchase MAPs based on the fact that there will be ride closures.

TLC is a funny thing. Clearly there is a lot of good work going on around the park this closed season and hopefully this will be noticeable come March 19th. But it is understandable that many, myself included to a degree, see TLC as a way to cover up the impeding ride closures. "Rides A and B will be closed to undergo some fantastically mind boggling magic love, but don't worry, they'll be back better than ever at a future date!" I'm sure that is how they are going to 'market' the closures.

As I've said previously, Towers should be doing far more updates this closed season on social media of work around the park. Sure the public aren't going to be amazed by a new path but what harm can it do? None. They've missed a real trick.

:)

Maybe it's a cultural thing? Loads of European and even US parks do lots of "look at what we're doing whilst closed" posts on a regular basis, and people seem to be generally positive about it...

The lack of updates from what is meant to be the park trying to get back on track is astounding though... Surely we should've been inundated with updates of the park being tarted up? But then again I'm of the opinion that the best option for Towers this year would be to go all out and have things open completely with the park looking pristine, rather than close things to benefit shareholders and budget cuts...

"Oh the park numbers dropped after the accident, better cut down the budget to compensate for that", is a pretty poor decision for visitors this year should the closures come to fruition, as the perception will continue to decrease publically...

The thought does occur that the reason nothing has been said just might be because nothing has actually been done...

Apart from the fact that we know at least one thing has been done, which is the repaint of Nemesis' track.

It's odd with social media and towers, they do very little over winter, only occasionally advertising themed weekends. However Thorpe Park have always posted quite a bit during the winter and even show parts of their rides in pieces.

It does usually seem that they enjoy going about things under a veil of secrecy. Comes across as a bit of an insular place who don't like to share things with outsiders.

P.S - Does leaving those horrid shipping containers in front of the Towers count as Towers Loving Care?

I'm wondering if the lack of announcements may be part of the Crisis management. Certain factions of the press still seem to bring up the smiler incident at every opportunity, just look at some of the headlines for Galatica launch. So whilst they are missing out on some good PR staying silent stops any negative spin and the smiler being brought up in the press over and over again.

For example we all know that structural track inspections etc are part of routine maintenance that happens quietly in the background year in year out. If towers posted a picture/made an announcement how easy would it be for certain papers to pick up that up and spin it to make it appear as if this was a reaction to the smiler rather than a routine thing they would be doing this anyway.

Either that or as @DiogoJ42 says they aren't doing anything/as much as planned and don't want to raise expectations.
P.S - Does leaving those horrid shipping containers in front of the Towers count as Towers Loving Care?

I'm really hoping they have gone for the new season, I know they have a use at scarefest but leaving them the rest of the time just makes he area look messy and forgotten about.

I'm really hoping they have gone for the new season, I know they have a use at scarefest but leaving them the rest of the time just makes he area look messy and forgotten about.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm calling it now that they will be left there for the new season. They seem to leave a load of the other Scarefest stuff inside the Towers, so I expect that their attitude will be "Why remove these containers and stuff inside when we'll only have to go to the trouble of replacing it all later on in the year, it'll do just to leave them here, even if it is a bit of an eyesore". I will hold my hands up and apologise if I'm wrong. We'll see how much Towers do Loving Care about things.

It's a shame how little attention their 'blog' gets. There's barely a few posts, yet there are plenty of empty promises of future glimpses into things that are going on - take the blog post introducing Mollie Towers, for example: it describes an upcoming post into Merlin Magic Making that has never materialised.

I worry that TLC will become another one of these single-post initiatives - sure, some work might be done, but the radio silence means it looks sketchy.

From TST's Twitter page. Nemesis continues to be repainted. https://twitter.com/TowersStreet/status/698494493058822144
CbGNAnIXEAAbPAE.jpg:large

Looks very fresh!

Nemmy should just be painted all white, brillant shiny white, and left like that IMO.
:D
^ and thats my serious face
I've got to agree here. At first I was very much against an all white nemmy but she looks quite stunning in the pictures so I'm definitely all for this one!