• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I'm very surprised to see so much work going on this closed season, I never imagined we'd see a repaint of Nemesis on this scale.

I've got to say, I'm more tempted to visit again this year to see the results of this TLC project rather than the prospect of riding Galactica.

And now the box office has gone green with further changes to be made across Towers St, according to the twitter account

38bcbf9fa32f97d4acc9739f8ae1bb34.jpg

Is that a power cable dangling down the building (between the windows) or is it a big gap between sections?

It also seems that they've still got fastrack posters from last year up. The colours and prices appear to match the leaflets from the start of the big 6 promo - yellow (scream, £12) was for Nemesis, Air and Sub Terra; purple (adventurer, £13) was for Spinball, Flume, 13 & RMT; red (young explorer, £7) for Charlie, Rapids and RMT and green (adrenaline, £14) for Rita, 13 & Oblivion. Of the 4 packages, only adrenaline will have a full compliment of rides open this year.

Is it just me, or is that the ugliest shade of green ever. Really doesn't fit in with the rest of towers street (well, I don't know if the other shops have been repainted yet). Hope they add some detail to it rather than that block colour, but I doubt it.

Very pleased with the way this TLC is turning out so far. Seems like they're knocking out all the medium stuff first before tackling the minor things. Not seeing major overhauls but I suppose that will come in time if the reaction to changes is positive.

There are 4 things I would really like to see though, all of which are in Katanga Canyon:

1. Clean up the RMT façade, all its queue line theming, return the effects and head choppers and remove that god awful garden fence which has been stuck over the top of the bridge.

2. Cut all the weeds and trees down which have completely surrounded and overgrown the crashed Jeep.

3. Tidy up the Rapids queue line and bring back the theming which we all praised Towers for adding a few years backs. Now it's gone.

4. Sort out the speakers on the pathway leading from the pond to the main area of KC.

I'm loving the TLC updates. I think the reason FV is getting a major overhaul this year is because of the opening of Galactica. I'd literally spend half of the day just in FV now if I go this year.

The quality of the paintwork on Box Office is good. I just don't think they've gone for the right colour at all.

Easierly Wipe down checker plate, removeable queuelines inside, and now green on the outside. Ummmmm

I don't like the green either. Should have just left it the same colour before, but updated obviously.