• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I think if YourDay was Introduced now using less... Clunky tech and better quality camera's it may have been a really good idea...

This isn't really suitable for TLC Twitter. So the following image has kindly been aquired:

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS...

It was rather a YourDELAY getting them removed!

12825262_10156503913075567_1699112396_n.jpg

Am I the only one that feels hurt by this! No respect for heritage !

When did yourday stop. I remember going in either 2010 or 2011, and loads of people were walking round with purple watches with towers logos on (just like the photo posted above), and my dad asked what they were and how we could get them, and someone told us you had to be 18 or over to have one. Any idea if that was yourday or not.

Don't like the box office, but I'm eager to see the rest of towers street.

That green is horrible. Well at least it draws your eye away from spinball being the most visual distraction on Towers Street.

When did yourday stop. I remember going in either 2010 or 2011, and loads of people were walking round with purple watches with towers logos on (just like the photo posted above), and my dad asked what they were and how we could get them, and someone told us you had to be 18 or over to have one. Any idea if that was yourday or not.

Towers took over running it for a few months around that time so yes.

I tried it in 2011. Didn't visit in 2012 so I'm not sure on when it finished. No idea about the 18+ thing though as I would have been 11 years old at the time.

I remember YourDay being very exciting at the time. Shame it never really caught on as it was quite a unique product. I loved the stock footage that came out of it too (90% of which Towers still recycle in their marketing).

Sticking on topic... I'm not a fan of the green but since it's a part of a bigger picture I'll wait till the rest of Towers Street's new paint scheme is unveiled. I do think purple would have worked better for that building however, given it's the main building for queries, sales and complaints on the street.

Last edited:
I think if YourDay was Introduced now using less... Clunky tech and better quality camera's it may have been a really good idea...

Disney have managed to do it in Florida by making the wristband also your room key and park ticket. Therefore the majority of guests are wearing it anyway so it's easier to sell photos and videos to them.

Last edited:
I actually like the new colour of the box office building it just looks less ... Boring

What a nasty piece of tat the YourDay thing was. Stupid idea. Good riddance to it and to its associated park clutter!

Loving the TS repaints. I noticed they said they are giving Towers Street "a new look over the coming years". This is great news, it's needed a major overhaul for god knows how long. I REALLY hope we see shops on the other side open up again.

I suspect they've painted it green due to its neutral and friendly connotations, which perhaps they believe will have somewhat of an effect at prolonging guests from making complaints.

That is of course, until they realise how much they've paid to get in on the gate for a very minimal ride line up.

I guess this means towers street is staying. Good!!! I like the green, it fits in with the tv ad which is quirky, would be good if they pull it off

As others have pointed out, they are clearly aiming to do Towers Street up in a manner similar to the versions of it shown in recent TV adverts:

10z4gvn.png

Towers have said that they are implementing the new look over the coming years so we can't go expecting the finished product come opening day this year. I think once complete it will look much better; Towers Street has grown to become boring and dull.

:)

If they are making this effort to mirror the tv ad to reality, then this I guess secures the future of the current entrance over the next few years (plus the ticket booth repaints).

One thing I am not so sure about is the new floor through FV. Looks very slippery!

Well they not off to a good start, the picture shows BO as ... Purple ! Like I said. Paint it purple :/
Can't get anything correct

As others have pointed out, they are clearly aiming to do Towers Street up in a manner similar to the versions of it shown in recent TV adverts:

10z4gvn.png

Towers have said that they are implementing the new look over the coming years so we can't go expecting the finished product come opening day this year. I think once complete it will look much better; Towers Street has grown to become boring and dull.

:)
They may be recreating it but they have got the orientation wrong... surely box office should be the house on the right second furthest to the Towers? Soo... Purple?