• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Pete Cliff :(
Pete Cliff is great, but it's interesting that he isn't off to work in a baked bean factory or anything equally mundane.

Holovis have some interesting products in the sensory and immersive experience fields, rightly or wrongly the exact type of thing that Merlin are investing in at the moment. Their website is interesting.

Is there any possibility that Pete could be working for Holovis with Merlin''s full consent to develop a new attraction?

Alton Towers have finally fixed that bit of Handrail that was missing in the gardens by the Gothic Tower!

13956781_10210209286365625_946691959_n.jpg

Although he has left Towers he still is still responsible for the planning of this years Scarefest and possibly fireworks. He was always very passionate about what he did and gave us a gem in Sub-Species last year. You can't blame him for moving on though seeing as his department at Towers was being cut away left right and centre.

:)

Don't know him personally but I'd heard through the grapevine he was gone. I'm assuming he must have thrown in the towel rather than made redundant as they were advertising for a new creative manager not so long ago? It must have been pretty sickening for him if that's the case, as his passion for the park's entertainment was unquestionable.

I also heard that Simon Horsely is gone. He was the ents technical manager, responsible for the tech side of all their shows including the lighting at fireworks. I know quite a few AV Tech's who did work experience at Towers under Simon's watch, he'd been there for about 25 years!

It's a really, really sad state of affairs with what's happened to entertainments. :(

More tlc going on, this time we see improvements in cbeebies (New stripes in the grass in front of the big fun time show), mutiny bay (general cleaning and paintwork), and dark forrest (more vines and scenic painting, apparently these are "finishing touches", so I wouldn't expect anything else in DF)

It also tells us to expect extraordinary golf to have tlc in the near future.

Things are slowly starting to look better a drop of paint here and there a bit of grounds keeping brings old things back to life. The maintenance of rides will take some time being in maintenance myself I know how quickly problems can mount up.

While I think this whole thing is a good idea, there are bits of the park that require some attention (just like there always has been.. but that's a discussion for another day) - the whole "Lets celebrate the fact that we're doing something that other parks just do" thing grows a little tiresome.

While I think this whole thing is a good idea, there are bits of the park that require some attention (just like there always has been.. but that's a discussion for another day) - the whole "Lets celebrate the fact that we're doing something that other parks just do" thing grows a little tiresome.
Couldn't agree more. Main example that comes to mind is EP. The amount of stuff they do every closed season in terms of maintenance is fantastic.

I was really excited to see the scarefest map with Sub-Terra and Hex (at least, if not Charlie and Driving School) re-opened for Scarefest. You know because they've now been closed 11 months and have had SUCH EXTENSIVE TLC in that time, they must be ready to show them off in all there glory.

....OH

I mean 11 months closed for TLC. You know Hex took 10 months to construct right? So fingers crossed when it does open its like a god damn new ride. Sub Terra that multi million pound experience then had re-hab TWICE in its short life time - after almost a year down, thats going to be AMAZING.

You know Charlie is closed and the signage gone, because the licence ran out. After 11 months you'd expect either a re-negtion on the license or an actual closure announcement. But apparently its down to the TLC program. We knew it wasn't a great ride, I can't wait to see how it looks with 11 months of time to sort it. I bet its going to be one of the BEST DARK RIDES in the UK when it returns now.

And then theres Driving School, which looked good and really hit its market. Until some fence got the BEST TLC THE PARK HAS SEEN - yes the fence. It got paint.
It was great when it opened, so I can't imagine how much kids are going to love it when its had all this care.

So while Im disappointed TLC hasn't produced for Scarefest - heres to 2017 when the park is going to open with 4 of the best rides in the world by which time they will have had 16 months of TLC.

(Or its not, and this has all been an elaborate bulls**t practice)

Sadly, closed rides were an inevitability after the accident last year. They closed rides they thought would have the least impact (and for the most part they got it right, the CCL rides weren't hugely popular and Sub Terra had already been closed the majority of the previous season, only Hex was a loss) and hid it behind a marketing campaign. The TLC updates have been great, but it's still standard maintenance that should be expected of the park anyway. Plus it's very easy to show updates of buildings being painted and themeing being touched up to distract from the fact that literally none of the TLC updates have been to do with the five closed rides.

Of course, I don't actually blame them for the TLC program. It is getting things done, and seeing as the budget cuts came from Merlin, Towers have had to make the best of it. I know we like honesty from the park, but let's be real, no park is going to admit they've closed five rides and removed two others due to budget cuts. TLC has been a small but appreciated consolation.

Hi first time writer long time reader,
I find a bit strange that all the ride closures this year have got a similar note outside but Sub-Terra has got has got a notice saying 'Under immediate lock-down Please Stand by' which infers to me that it is getting an overhaul/re-theme, maybe something along the lines of the theme of Sub Species and simply renamed Sub Terra instead of Nemesis Sub Terra. Towers would probably market it as a 'New Experience' for 2017 along side the new Cbeebies ride. Maybe there will be hints towards a retheme at Scarefest.

They certainly need to remove the Name "Nemesis" from the tile for Sub-Terra, I've lost count how many times I seen people queuing for Nemesis Sub-Terra thinking they are queuing for Nemesis the rollercoaster :rolleyes:

They certainly need to remove the Name "Nemesis" from the tile for Sub-Terra, I've lost count how many times I seen people queuing for Nemesis Sub-Terra thinking they are queuing for Nemesis the rollercoaster :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've heard many people say about that. But then if they just name it Sub Terra people will just get confused with Sub Species.

Yeah, I've heard many people say about that. But then if they just name it Sub Terra people will just get confused with Sub Species.

That wouldn't be a problem outside of Scarefest though. Especially assuming (for whatever reason) Sub Species doesn't return in 2017 and Sub Terra reopens (which who knows at this point).