• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Sub-terra is such a great concept but Merlin executed. I'm not saying Merlin did a bad job, but did not maintain it in its rightful form.

I agree that it would do very well with a separate theme from nemesis, maybe tlc will bring a new theme to it.

The Nemesis Sub Terra Page now just states the name as 'Sub Terra'. And states this on the website
'Sub-Terra is under strict military lockdown and currently unavailable for your mission.'

The 'Your Mission' is new which may have something to do with when it reopens.

Last edited:
EDIT:
I don't know if this is new or not but I haven't seen Hex like that before
hex-high.jpg

(RIP Old school TV's)

It looks like Hex will use projection mapping/holograms (or whatever its called)
instead of the TV's also the piece of cloth wasn't a hologram before

That's just an original marketing image, it's not been recently taken.

The Nemesis Sub Terra Page now just states the name as 'Sub Terra'. And states this on the website
'Sub-Terra is under strict military lockdown and currently unavailable for your mission.'

The 'Your Mission' is new which may have something to do with when it reopens.
Thought it always said that? So minor I wouldn't notice though. If it has changed though, "your mission" could mean VR or other interactive features. Hope not, but at least it would be another open ride.

Thought it always said that? So minor I wouldn't notice though. If it has changed though, "your mission" could mean VR or other interactive features. Hope not, but at least it would be another open ride.
It says the sentence after the 'Closed for TLC' sentence and it was never on the webpage before I'm pretty sure.

I thought it was the only one of the SBNO rides that didn't say "closed for tlc", and said the same as the sign at the rides enterance ("military lockdown...").

Would have thought they'd have pulled their bloody finger out and got these operating before scarefest. So much for that.

I thought it was the only one of the SBNO rides that didn't say "closed for tlc", and said the same as the sign at the rides enterance ("military lockdown...").
probably because it ties in with the theme better.

I think some people are reading far too deeply into these.
I think it's the looming closed season madness starting to draw in! I'm not really missing Sub Terra but can't wait to get Hex back, it's my favourite Vekoma madhouse with Villa Volta and Feng Ju Palace being 2nd and 3rd.

Would have thought they'd have pulled their bloody finger out and got these operating before scarefest. So much for that.
That was never going to happen to be fair. As soon as they announced the TLC last year, I felt certain they were only ever going to reopen them in March 2017 at the very earliest. And even that is probably optimistic.

I think it's the looming closed season madness starting to draw in! I'm not really missing Sub Terra but can't wait to get Hex back
agreed. luckily, i can ride it virtually while I'm waiting for the real one to re-open, as the Virtual Towers Online team released a demo, which happened to be of Hex (be warned: the file is very big!) (I've posted about this before, in the "Hex: if and when it will return" topic).
here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/…/0B-g-bYcKoCj9THNaTkw2czZyM…/view…
and here's a video for those of you who can't download it:

Last edited:
Any ride that is mothballed, at almost any theme park, is going to be closed a full season at the very least. Despite Hex needing some restoration, there was never anything that wrong with any of the rides closed this year - it was just money saving hidden behind a flashy marketing ploy. Varney described the closed attractions as "mid-term attractions", showing Merlin don't consider the closed rides to be that big a loss. They'll either remain closed until Merlin are satisfied with the profits, or they'll remain closed permanently. Either way, Towers were never bothered about them being closed during Scarefest or Fireworks.

They've been saying that about sub terra for the last 7 months. They'd probably tell you the same thing if you asked about charlie when that's clearly not coming back.

In fact, Im just amazed they're acknowledging that they have a ride called nemesis sub terra. Wouldn't suprise me if theyd forgotten about it.