• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

True, making a big thing about what should be standard maintenance and upkeep is one thing, Big using that as a distraction to shutter and mothball attractions as a smoke screen is completely unacceptable.

If an independent park was doing a similar thing it may be acceptable, but as it's happening at the UK's 'supposed' flagship park under a multimillion company only to Disney it isn't.

If Merlin keep trends going, Blackpool and Paultons will be better than any of their parks in years to come.

Years. ? o_O
I give it 12 months till they are surpassed :rolleyes:
Ok, that'll do, but without the company taking a knee-jerk reaction that actually results in Merlin improving the park's, they are going down hill.

In the span of just a few years, the Merlin lot (Lego may be the exception) have been transformed from leading European park's to overproduced regional parks.

I am glad to see that this is being used again. Whilst the park has clearly gone dowhill overall, due to the cuts, this was the only glimmer of sunshine last season and it brought tangible improvements to things like park audio, Dark Forest and Nemesis.

May it continue.

I must have missed the moment Paultons became so amazing that it's now considered better, or close to being better, than Towers? I mean, I do get the Merlin bashing. But seriously???????

As for the TLC, just reopen Hex, finish Nemmy's repaint, and I'll be fine.

Paultons will never hit the levels of 'peak' Towers, but in the last few years (I.e. Since Peppa Pig gave them all the monies), they've gone around and put focus on the old day out scene and redeveloped a fair amount of the park too (especially the entrance)... The two new themed areas are very well done as well, especially Lost Kingdom...

It still has a long way to go though, as there's still areas of the old park in there that need bringing up to new area levels, like Cobra and t'Edge, and then adding more high quality rides (like water or dark rides)...

Certainly on the level of Chessie at the current time, though it will probably never add a full on thrill ride, more likely to see family thrills...

Paultons is a great family park but imo nowhere near as good as towers. Paultons themeing in one area is top notch and if they carry on like that they will overtake chessington, Drayton and maybe legoland.

But what they can't compete on for a while yet is the unique terrain and location of towers. And rides such as Nemesis, Oblivion, Th13teen and many more!

Paultons can give all the sh!t they want, but when most of their rides look crap (my opinion) they'll never be as good as even a half-assed towers.

They may overtake Chessy, but sadly that says more about the state of Chessy than anything else.