• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

After reading the posts here, I've been thinking of different ways the actors could be presented. The actors could shout, but with the current story it doesn't make sense. maybe the actors could say that they need to get their instructions into are head because some guests have ignored them in the past and trI ed to stand up ;)

I like the idea of having creepier actors. The original story of Nemesis is that peoples minds were influenced by the alien and drawn to the spot by the tree where nemesis was buried. maybe working with the egg has messed with the heads of the actors and they aren't quite normal. Unfortunately though, it would be lost on most guests.

You also have the idea of having friendly, welcoming hosts who only shout when things go wrong. It just doesn't make sense how they act at the moment (or, while it was open at least).

It's nothing to do with not being able to withstand it. It is more why on earth are these people who are meant to be welcoming you to this facility shouting at you as if you are new recruits? Is it normal to shout orders at vistors in the workplace? It just didn't fit with the theme at all and I know that some staff members 'abused' what they thought was their 'power'.

Anyway, this is starting to drift away from TLC so let's try and get back on topic!

:)

Reminds me of when mum complained about one foot in the grave episode on bbc1. It had far more swear words in then usual. They just pointed out it was on after the watershed. That wasn't the point mum was making. It wasn't the bad language it was that the characters didn't normally talk like that. Just like what you are saying I think. Not that you don't like scares, they don't fit the story.

PJ

You wouldn't invite someone into your home like 'yeah you, you short arse' 'have that tea and eat that biscuit you fatty'. So why would a military facility welcome you in shouting and insulting you (even in jest). Completely out of character and the one thing that put me off Sub-Terra to be honest. Past the pre-show/batch area it was quite an enjoyable experience.

Having friendly, calm and attentive operatives at the start, ending up panicking and scared in the main chamber would have made for a far more unnerving experience for the chamber and attraction ending. With how it was set up, after being shouted and insulted, you just think 'oh I hope that alien kills them, rude'.

Anyway TLC blah blah blah... hope they actually finish the Nemesis repaint.

Maybe it was just different for me (I only did it three times) but they were always tongue in cheek and knowing about it, and had a laugh with interacting with guests, not just shouting. I don't know, I enjoyed it at least.

I went on Hex about 3 times in total in the space of a few months. I'm not sure if it was just a bad period of staff or not but some of them definitely did go over the line of a bit of harmless 'banter' (even after considering it didn't really make sense with the storyline a while after anyway). It was clear that certain guests throughout the experience (mainly the loading stages of the ride) ended up feeling really uncomfortable due to the shouting and comments from the staff. I expect it was a particularly bad period of management for several months, but who knows? If it never does come back however, I won't have fond memories of it, mainly due to the staffing.

I found on the Alton Towers Facebook page they are doing a casting call. Link here.
There is a heavy focus on Cbeebies land with actors but it states that they want actors across the resort, does this mean that they are going to reopen Sub - Terra or at least bring back the roaming actors?

I found on the Alton Towers Facebook page they are doing a casting call. Link here.
There is a heavy focus on Cbeebies land with actors but it states that they want actors across the resort, does this mean that they are going to reopen Sub - Terra or at least bring back the roaming actors?

Seems possible that they will bring back Traffic Patrol or similar or maybe the pirate show. But more likely it's for CBeebies characters in the new hotel. I wouldn't read too much into it though.

That's cool; they're coming to my home city (Sheffield)! Don't think I've got what it takes, though :(.

Did anyone get the chance to see what was going on with the driving school in ccl? Ment to have a look at Scarefest but totally forgot!