• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Since they've moved over booking to an external company to handle they've removed all traces of code boxes on the website, unless you can get on a specific web page with the code box on (like The Sun page).

The website is a mess again imo, it's difficult to navigate and not very user friendly at all. I'd dread to think how people who have never been try to find information on there.

Yes struggling to find it so this makes sense. tbf I can't really afford it at the minute anyway and was just gonna throw it on my credit card but never mind, it's only an hour drive to get home and save £60+ haha Thanks to all for your responses!

Thorpe lacks the same level of fanboys that Alton has, there isn't enough people walking around with rose tinted glasses on give that place good reviews.

Actually, it's still a Merlin park, so no it's not amazing.

Someone clearly doesn't read TPM...

As for Towers, someone mentioned Efteling, which is really the park Towers should be looking at for inspiration in terms of presentation due to massive amounts of green space and lakes there... And their treatment of classic dark rides... And pancakes...

I can agree with the list of poor offerings discussed above, but I don't agree that Scarefest and Fireworks are "fantastic" seasonal events.

For Halloween try Tulleys, Scare Kingdom, Xtreme Scream Park, York Hallowscream, Broadwitch Haunt Fest, Dr Frights, Screamfest Burton.... the list goes on and they all offer more than Alton's line up. Even Thorpe does it better and that's a Merlin park.

For Fireworks it's pretty much the same, I could list hundreds of events on par with the Alton show, I work part time in fireworks and event production. Leeds Castle in Kent is a particularly good show. It's longer than Alton's too, running at 30 minutes.

Thorpes fright nights better than Scarefest????

Their mazes are dull and they offer nothing else since the extras where scaled back.

The dedicated scare attractions offer more mazes but the quality of the mazes at Scarefest beats a lot of European horror attractions.

Agree with fireworks though, lots of great shows are around but Towers is always pretty decent.

Thorpes fright nights better than Scarefest????

Their mazes are dull and they offer nothing else since the extras where scaled back.

The dedicated scare attractions offer more mazes but the quality of the mazes at Scarefest beats a lot of European horror attractions.

I just meant quantity wise, they have more on offer.

But I don't really rate the quality of Scarefest mazes that highly. Yes they are reasonably well done, but if you look at mazes such as Manormortis at Scare Kingdom, the level of detail and theming beats any of Alton's mazes easily. Its also long and full of actors. For the same price as what Towers charge for 3 mazes, you get to experience about 6.

And that's another reason why Scarefest sucks. There's no longer any scare entertainment included in your park ticket, so why should you have to pay double the average rate ON TOP of your existing entrance fee.

I wonder how many people would stick around if they had to pay an extra £20 to watch the fireworks at 7pm? Park events should always be covered with your park ticket.

I just meant quantity wise, they have more on offer.

But I don't really rate the quality of Scarefest mazes that highly. Yes they are reasonably well done, but if you look at mazes such as Manormortis at Scare Kingdom, the level of detail and theming beats any of Alton's mazes easily. Its also long and full of actors. For the same price as what Towers charge for 3 mazes, you get to experience about 6.

And that's another reason why Scarefest sucks. There's no longer any scare entertainment included in your park ticket, so why should you have to pay double the average rate ON TOP of your existing entrance fee.

I wonder how many people would stick around if they had to pay an extra £20 to watch the fireworks at 7pm? Park events should always be covered with your park ticket.

I don't completely disagree but my experience of the independent events is they have one good quality maze and then the rest "ok".

I have always felt that Towers mazes are really very good, I fully agree the price is extortionate and should be included in the price of the ticket (though few theme parks do this, mostly their events are either seperate to enter or they increase the gate price for the event and add "fast track").

I also agree they don't have enough mazes at Towers. actor numbers are higher in independent events but many rely on volunteer actors (including Europa park) to bulk up numbers. Towers and Thorpe pay for all their acting cast.

I don't completely disagree but my experience of the independent events is they have one good quality maze and then the rest "ok".

I have always felt that Towers mazes are really very good, I fully agree the price is extortionate and should be included in the price of the ticket (though few theme parks do this, mostly their events are either seperate to enter or they increase the gate price for the event and add "fast track").

I also agree they don't have enough mazes at Towers. actor numbers are higher in independent events but many rely on volunteer actors (including Europa park) to bulk up numbers. Towers and Thorpe pay for all their acting cast.
I agree with most of this, but in all honestly, although going only off the last Scarefest, the only maze I liked at Towers was Sub Species, which to be honest I thought was pretty much perfect, but the rest were disappointing to me.

I agree with most of this, but in all honestly, although going only off the last Scarefest, the only maze I liked at Towers was Sub Species, which to be honest I thought was pretty much perfect, but the rest were disappointing to me.

ToTT is high quality, it just hasn't changed in years. Molly crow was fine, nothing amazing but good.

We a veering widely off topic, forum team will attack soon!

At least you can go around the park on a mission to sit on each brand new bench. The fences are too bloody high to sit on, what a shoddy design flaw.