• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Apart from the new tv's and sound system. Id say therestof what theyve done isnt something that good team of 2 or 3 couldnt do every closed season. What gets me i that they have also done the basics as well a the technicle stuff. A simple dusting etc. Cant be this hard just to have a spring clean once a year?

Refurbishing the entrance signs? Replacing all of the queue line flooring? And they have not just done a simple dusting, it has been a total deep clean of areas in the attraction.

I agree that things like a deep clean would not be needed if cleaning at regular intervals had taken place. Cleaning and general maintenance is something Towers should be better at but much more than that has been done with Hex.

:)

Refurbishing the entrance signs? Replacing all of the queue line flooring? And they have not just done a simple dusting, it has been a total deep clean of areas in the attraction.

I know that!!! I fully understand that a team of dedicated employees did more then go around with a few tins of Mr Sheen and a duster. A feather duster for those tricky, high, hard to reach places. Simple dusting means that they have done something simple, like dusting! Which could have done every year since it opened.

Yeah! About time too :)

The road running along the coach park leading to the express/disabled car park is finally getting resurfaced!‬

No more boneshaker and car suspension destruction from the road

Images taken from TS FB page

17190840_1379173688819738_1163070432952754965_n.jpg

17191387_1379174035486370_2288385140171975605_n.jpg

17201308_1379174178819689_9060392627567301715_n.jpg

Oh my!! I was only commenting on Sunday whilst walking down there that it really does need re-surfacing (and has done for many many years). Hooray!

Now just the rest of the coach park to go! :p Though to be fair, I doubt that's likely for practical reasons until the construction of SW8's finished.

Apart from the new tv's and sound system. Id say the rest of what they've done isnt something that a good team of 2 or 3 couldnt do every closed season. What gets me is that they have also done the basics as well a the technicle stuff. A simple dusting etc. Cant be this hard just to have a spring clean once a year?
Aside from Rob's point above of Hex having some more substantial work taking place. I think your point stands well when we look at the 'Towers Loving Care' project as a whole.

Over the past two closed seasons there has been a lot of celebrating areas being cleaned, repainted, the general maintenance stuff. When outside of the UK maintaining rides/areas is the norm. I suppose it shows the state of Alton Towers and perhaps the state of the UK theme park industry as a whole.

I think it's good to praise things such as the Hex project however, as it may encourage Towers to continue to go down this road and may become recognised by those higher up who currently do not care for projects like this.

;)

The road running along the coach park leading to the express/disabled car park is finally getting resurfaced!‬

Considering how expensive express parking is, I'd expect this tarmac to be gold and diamond encrusted ;):p But great none the less, I've used this a few times over the last couple of years due to some of my party unable to walk far and often thought it was in a terrible state. I'd end up in the coach parking bays just to avoid some of the pot holes!

The only way Merlin will learn that giving the park investment for these things in the future will make buisness sense rather than their preferred cuts would be for hard evidence to show in the figures. So long queues for Hex, 4pm closure days being shunned by visitors in favour of visiting on longer operating days and an increase in park attendance overall alongside a decline in hotel usage.

Perfect for all those VIP visits to express parking:p

@RoyJess i bet jess is happy about not having to have a bone shaking ride getting to the car park.

Certainly will make a difference, especially for all those with medical condition which could be aggravated by those pot holes. We always got there before the coaches and had to navigate in and out around those pot holes. I darn't drive over those pot holes as I'm sure that our little sports car being so low to the ground would soon get grounded down one.

Pot's holes don't give the park any first impression upon arrival as also it will be the last thing guest will encounter when leaving the park.

Perfect for all those VIP visits to express parking:p

Don't forget that that road is also used by the disable that have medical conditions that may be aggravated. Not all the disable visiting are well enough to be able to ride the rides, let alone ride the car park pot holes

I'm no VIP but I often use the express parking, especially if we are on Sun reader tickets, my wife hates the monorail.
Get the money back by having a nice boozy picnic and a dirty smoke by the big chestnut tree at the bottom of the car park.
The drive to the express parking was always the scariest ride of the day

Over the past two closed seasons there has been a lot of celebrating areas being cleaned, repainted, the general maintenance stuff. When outside of the UK maintaining rides/areas is the norm. I suppose it shows the state of Alton Towers and perhaps the state of the UK theme park industry as a whole.s.

Don't kid yourself.

There are plenty of parks around Europe which have equally, if not got into a worse state than Alton Towers.

I can think of many.

It is the top drawer parks like Phantasialand, Efteling, Europa-Park et al where they are pristine everywhere, every time.

Don't kid yourself.

There are plenty of parks around Europe which have equally, if not got into a worse state than Alton Towers.

I can think of many.

It is the top drawer parks like Phantasialand, Efteling, Europa-Park et al where they are pristine everywhere, every time.
Not at all being sarcastic, but are the parks you're thinking of run by multinationals as expansive and charge as high prices as Merlin?
The stem problem is the policies & culture embedded within Merlin that means money is not spend where it should be for the best guest experience and ride upkeep.

Last edited: