• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Merch

I doubt they will reopen till the main park opens. I really don’t think the demand is there for it yet. Could be wrong tho only time will tell.

I doubt they will reopen till the main park opens. I really don’t think the demand is there for it yet. Could be wrong tho only time will tell.
Something like Towers Trading is pretty scalable in terms of cost. At Half Term events I've seen as few as two cashiers in there. The mark up on the whole range is vast so you don't need a huge number of sales to make it pay.

As soon as it opens they will sell an awful lot of stuff. It will be highly profitable. Geeks will rush to buy as much new merch as they can as always.

The question they will probably be asking themselves is whether that will be additional profit, or just sales that the shop will make whenever it opens. Probably mostly the latter.

Hopefully it opens though. I think they will, if only for training / practice. It could be a difficult place to manage at peak times.

I imagine they’ll have to operate a one way system, enter at the bottom, leave at the top, and they’ll have to restrict numbers in there, as it’s often packed at the end of the day. Maybe spread the shop out a bit too so there is more room to social distance in there.

A one way system would make sense and a cap on numbers on the store at any one time. Maybe they could add more merch to the online shop and operate a click and collect, if that was financially viable?

They have this sign up in the shop currently

As for @pluk I bought one the jackets as a raincoat and given the weather I wore it to the Gardens on the weekend. It came with a nice pin badge in the delivery as well :D it's a shame you missed out on the Oblivion jacket.

A one way system would make sense and a cap on numbers on the store at any one time. Maybe they could add more merch to the online shop and operate a click and collect, if that was financially viable?

They have this sign up in the shop currently

As for @pluk I bought one the jackets as a raincoat and given the weather I wore it to the Gardens on the weekend. It came with a nice pin badge in the delivery as well :D it's a shame you missed out on the Oblivion jacket.
I saw one or two people on Saturday with Oblivion coats on!

Also it’s odd how they said they would be selling new merch each Monday, and then stopped after the first.

I do wonder if they got told off by powers above or for some reason changed their mind.

I hope that doesn't sound weird. I'm asking for someone to buy me some merch from one of the stores in the park. I'll pay the full product and shipping of course!!
The reason: the online store doesn't offer international shipping (I've enquired a staff member).
If someone wants to help me, just send a PM.

Don’t think this has been mentioned on here. But over the past few weeks Towers have once again been flogging old uniforms via the online shop. I guess they need the cash.

There has been all sorts that has come and gone as items are gradually added, including Smiler jackets and 90s coats etc. The latest additions appear to be Splash Landings related.

https://shop.altontowers.com/collections/uniform

Apron_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I can only assume that all of these are cursed.

Don’t think this has been mentioned on here. But over the past few weeks Towers have once again been flogging old uniforms via the online shop. I guess they need the cash.

There has been all sorts that has come and gone as items are gradually added, including Smiler jackets and 90s coats etc. The latest additions appear to be Splash Landings related.

https://shop.altontowers.com/collections/uniform
Thanks for the heads up, glad to see the Ice Age 4D polo is back in stock. Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly as I've asked for it for my upcoming birthday. :)

Bump!

I got the Ice Age 4D raincoat for my birthday today, and I couldn't be more pleased with it! Super comfortable, high quality and I'm pretty sure it's brand new (had a manufacturer's tag attached for a start). Highly recommended! :)

IMG_20210313_185747262.jpg

IMG_20210313_185307175_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Heads up, as it seems to be a sought after item now although I think it's a bit rubbish. I've put The Story of Alton Towers (2008) DVD up for sale on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Stor...988742?hash=item3b59d1bf86:g:KMIAAOSwWAlgVgCZ

I've got a good collection of second hand theme park related books as well, potentially for sale... or might be tempted to accept a pint as payment once the theme parks reopen. I'm not likely to reread any of them so somebody else might as well get the chance to read them. Includes books on the Haunted House, Haunted Mansion, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Disney, Universal and biographies of Mack and Wardley. Feel free to DM if interested.