• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

Right, everybody; voting for Round 4 is now closed.

Our winners are as follows:
Our overall league table for Round 4 is as follows:
  1. @Connor98 - 18 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  2. @Archermav - 17 points overall, 3 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  3. @Burbs - 17 points overall, 2 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  4. @Matt.GC - 17 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  5. @mo237 - 7 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  6. @RicketyCricket - 5 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  7. @Poisson - 3 points overall, 0 Realism points, 3 Originality points
  8. @Matt N - 3 points overall, 0 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  9. @JAperson - 3 points overall, 0 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  10. @Thameslink Rail - 0 points overall, 1 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  11. @Matt878787 - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
Well done, everybody; smashing round!

If you're interested, remember that I do keep a tally of the overall scores in my initial post, so you can see how you're doing overall.

Now that Round 4 has ended, a new round must begin! With that in mind, let me introduce you to Round 5... The Big One Reloaded at Blackpool Pleasure Beach! This was originally intended as the final round of the competition, and it will still be the final regular round, but let me remind you of the recently strategised Round 6, a bonus round that is yet to be unveiled... that will be quite different, but I hope you find it fun!

Putting aside Round 6, though, as this is Round 5; Big One Reloaded is our challenge for Round 5! The context and constraints for this round are as follows:
  • Context: The Big One is the UK’s current tallest roller coaster, but it gets a lot of flack from enthusiasts about its layout; some even coin it “the UK’s largest monorail”! But if given the opportunity to improve upon it, what would you do? Show us!
  • Constraints: Minimum Height 213ft/65m, Minimum of 1 Lift Hill, Minimum Length 5,000ft/1,524m, Maximum Footprint 1,463ft/446m*773ft/236m (the approximate dimensions of the Big One's present footprint, as measured by me on Google Earth), Minimum Capacity 1,200pph
For those of you who struggle with Scenario Editor, your Steam Workshop template park can be accessed through the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790028224

Your submission deadline is Tuesday 12th April 2022 at 11:59pm.

So, that's Round 5; get building, everybody! I hope you have fun with it, and if you have any questions, any doubts, or anything that isn't clear, then don't hesitate to ask me!

Here is my Entry for Round 5;

I had built two due to having a day off work yesterday, but decided to go with this one. its certainly a unique coaster and not what i want intending to build when starting this round! However it also boasts a world record of Highest inversion, reaching 218ft... (beating steel Curtain).

So I introduce to you: Big 'Mack' :tearsofjoy:pardon the intentional pun

Planet Coaster 06_04_2022 17_52_01 (2).png

I have a submission ready! Say hello to... Big One Reloaded:
Big-One-Reloaded-Layout-Overview.png

(P.S. The long video duration compared to usual is because the ride broke down midway through; I tried to get a video without a breakdown in it, but never could for some reason... sorry about that.)
The stats are as follows:
  • Name: Big One Reloaded
  • Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Ride Type: Hyper Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 245ft/75m
  • Speed: 83mph/134kph
  • Length: 5,489ft/1,673m
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.2G (overall), 4G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall and heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 7 cars/28 riders
  • Throughput: 1,570pph
Here's the Steam Workshop link, if you'd like to look at Big One Reloaded for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790808605

I hope you guys like my submission!

Here is my Entry for Round 5;

I had built two due to having a day off work yesterday, but decided to go with this one. its certainly a unique coaster and not what i want intending to build when starting this round! However it also boasts a world record of Highest inversion, reaching 218ft... (beating steel Curtain).

So I introduce to you: Big 'Mack' :tearsofjoy:pardon the intentional pun

Planet Coaster 06_04_2022 17_52_01 (2).png

Nice submission @Connor98! I love the mix of airtime pops and inversions!
P.S. Sorry for double posting!

What's better than a Big One? A Giant One? Huge One? No... The Whopper - Sponsored By Burger King.

An Intamin Wing coaster inspired by the airtime filled Skyrush, but with 8 Inversions thrown in as well.

The immersive experience starts with the queue line where you are surrounded by Burger mascots. And then up the lift hill showing off all of the ingredients featured in a Whopper before plunging down the first drop.

The ride then ends with a weird Inversion into a water splash element before rolling back into the neon burger signed station.

Name: The Whopper - Sponsored By Burger King

Height: 215ft
Speed: 76 mph
Length: 6294ft

Screenshot-20220408-201658-Xbox.jpg

Screenshot-20220408-201626-Xbox.jpg

What's better than a Big One? A Giant One? Huge One? No... The Whopper - Sponsored By Burger King.

An Intamin Wing coaster inspired by the airtime filled Skyrush, but with 8 Inversions thrown in as well.

The immersive experience starts with the queue line where you are surrounded by Burger mascots. And then up the lift hill showing off all of the ingredients featured in a Whopper before plunging down the first drop.

The ride then ends with a weird Inversion into a water splash element before rolling back into the neon burger signed station.

Name: The Whopper - Sponsored By Burger King

Height: 215ft
Speed: 76 mph
Length: 6294ft

Screenshot-20220408-201658-Xbox.jpg

Screenshot-20220408-201626-Xbox.jpg

Very nice submission @RicketyCricket! The inversions are great, but I like all the airtime moments too!

Didn't think I'd get one done this week but managed to throw one together. I've gone for something a little different - a B&M Flying Coaster. Unlike last week's entry it doesn't resemble Big One at all but it does fit the brief, so there we are. Also only ended up using half the designated space.

Screenshot at Apr 10 19-31-22.png

Didn't think I'd get one done this week but managed to throw one together. I've gone for something a little different - a B&M Flying Coaster. Unlike last week's entry it doesn't resemble Big One at all but it does fit the brief, so there we are. Also only ended up using half the designated space.

Screenshot at Apr 10 19-31-22.png

Great submission @Burbs! It’s very well paced, reasonably smooth, and a very original response to the brief for sure!

I must beg forgiveness, please pretend the first lift is a conventional lift. I misread the brief and PC won't allow a chain or cable lift on this type?

Anyway

Name: A Trip Into WGT's Mind - The Terrible Experience.

Opening: Hopefully never.

Brief: We all know he wanted the biggest and best, right? So how about a coaster that takes ALL of the records at once. Longer than the Tobotronc (which is longer than SD2000), Taller and Bigger Drop than Kingda Ka, Steeper Drop than TMNT Shellraiser, Faster than Formula Rossa and more inversions than The Smiler.

BEHOLD

1.png2.png3.png

I've had limited time this weekend as I was away with work yesterday and out most of today, so not as polished as it could be. Enjoy!

I must beg forgiveness, please pretend the first lift is a conventional lift. I misread the brief and PC won't allow a chain or cable lift on this type?

Anyway

Name: A Trip Into WGT's Mind - The Terrible Experience.

Opening: Hopefully never.

Brief: We all know he wanted the biggest and best, right? So how about a coaster that takes ALL of the records at once. Longer than the Tobotronc (which is longer than SD2000), Taller and Bigger Drop than Kingda Ka, Steeper Drop than TMNT Shellraiser, Faster than Formula Rossa and more inversions than The Smiler.

BEHOLD

1.png2.png3.png

I've had limited time this weekend as I was away with work yesterday and out most of today, so not as polished as it could be. Enjoy!

Wow; impressive submission @Poisson! A huge variety of elements on offer there (by very nature of it being a 23,000ft long ride), and I think the raw craziness of it alone is certainly worthy of brownie points!

Sorry to double post, but just to remind you all; you only have 1 day, 2 hours and 3 minutes to get your submissions in!

Sorry to triple post, guys, but I just wanted to ask; do we need a slight deadline extension here?

I only ask because I notice that of the 11 current competitors, only 5 have made submissions, and the deadline is only just over 10 hours away. I’m more than happy to extend if anyone requires more time; just let me know if you’d like an extension or are struggling for time.