• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Hello

Planning a trip over to EP in the middle of August. I wanted to stay on site but cost and availability is an issue. I've booked (with free cancellation) the Hotel AM Park right by the park entrance. Anyone stayed here before? Is it good? It's not cheap either but with a 4 year old, I don't wanna have to walk to far to get in and out of the park each day.

Also any good food options in Rust would also be appreciated.
Am Park is absolutely fine, and as you said right next to the entrance. It's a more expensive option to a lot of places in the town for that reason, but it does have air conditioning which is a must in August these days. I've not stayed myself, but not heard any complaints from those I know who have.

As for places to eat, you're a short 5-10 minute walk away from Silver Lake Saloon if you want some American/Western food. You can book this in the Europa-Park app (ensure you do as it's always busy!). It can be quite loud with the live entertainment in there, but it's great fun and fab food. So depending on how your 4 year old is with louder environments, that'd be my first shout.

There's a snack bar place as part of Am Park which is handy to grab something if you're not fancying a full meal after a busy day on park.

Elsewhere, you're an even shorter walk around the corner from the hotel and over the bridge to the town centre. You'll find a pizza restaurant called Garibaldi there, along with a newer restaurant called "The Chicken" which some TSTers have visited and recommend. There's also a few other restaurants such as Casa Rustica for Italian stuff or Ochsen for traditional fayre. Just like the accommodation, there's not really a bad place in Rust to eat, just with you visiting over summer book a reservation if possible to save disappointment :).

I’ve heard mixed things about AM Park, however most of those were pre-renovation. Location-wise you’re about 60 seconds walk from front door to turnstiles, so it is excellent in that regard.

I’d agree with Craig on food, and add a recommendation for the Aroma Chinese buffet restaurant next to the park hotels. If you exit the park by the hotel entrance, it’s only a couple of minutes walk to get to.

Anyone got any tips on how effective the single rider queues are and when to join/not join them?

Going on my own in mid August for 2 days mid-week Wednesday/Thursday but obviously peak summer season so still expecting it to be busy, especially with a major new attraction

I went at a similar time of year several years ago. What I found during that trip was that it was hard to tell how long and how fast the SRQs were moving from the SRQ entrances. On a few occasions I just bailed from the SRQ and used the main queues instead because the SRQ lines were huge and seemed to barely move.

Any rough guidelines for main queue lengths or time of day to use/not use the SRQs?

It can be difficult to tell sometimes, not least because the main queues at EP generally move very quickly. The one single rider queue that I do recommend is Arthur's; the 4 across seating means that it is often a fair bit shorter than the main queue.

Voltron's single rider queue has been pretty long since it opened, I've not done single rider though so cannot comment on how fast it moves.

If the queue for CanCan is long then again, single rider can be a decent shout.

I'm not sure there's really a precise science for predicting single rider queues and when best to use them. Best is to make judgements on the day.

SRQs that require a bit of commitment in terms of distance from entrance to station include Wodan, Voletarium and Blue Fire. Arthur and Can Can aren’t too bad. Voltron is easiest to see from the first turn in the queue.

As a very rough rule of thumb, SRQs tend to be quieter early in the day. As the day wears on, people tend to notice their existence more and you’ll often see kids using them whilst their parents are relaxing.

My experience late May - Voltron SRQ was 5-20 mins between 9am and 11am, mainly as people are being directed away from the plaza. I would not bother from early afternoon, it moved slower than the main queue.

As for the others they were manageable and effective at all times I tried. It should be obvious whether it is quicker on joining and, if not, turn around! I didn’t use Voletarium srq as it was walk on when I went on it.

I would say though queue normally for Wodan at least once (and also guarantee yourself front row one time at least) if you haven’t done so before!

My experience late May - Voltron SRQ was 5-20 mins between 9am and 11am, mainly as people are being directed away from the plaza. I would not bother from early afternoon, it moved slower than the main queue.

As for the others they were manageable and effective at all times I tried. It should be obvious whether it is quicker on joining and, if not, turn around! I didn’t use Voletarium srq as it was walk on when I went on it.

I would say though queue normally for Wodan at least once (and also guarantee yourself front row one time at least) if you haven’t done so before!
I found the Voltron single rider worked quite well, but the maximum I would wait would be if it’s out the main large room into the smaller room then it’s too long.

That of course is if the main queue line is pretty much full.