• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Fireworks Meet - Sunday 10th November 2013

TheMan said:
Dragging Diogo on The Smiler hahaha! (Not sure he is still talking to me).

Few people make me look foolish and live to tell the tale. Mark my words, your uppance will come...

>:D

Due to a fair amount of alcohol being consumed, my memories have been slightly warped and my mind feels a bit marmalised. That said, this was an amazing meet. Im sorry I didn't spend fireworks with you guys, but as Im sure you can imagine, family comes first and I loved being literally right at the front. Swear my eyebrows are still smoldering from those explosions!

Highlights: (There were loads and Im going to miss so many of them)
1) Meeting TheMan who apparently isn't a 16yr old kid.
2) Meeting Pierre again
3) Watching Saz trying to turn Joel straight outside Nemesis
4) The fantastic atmosphere on the park after the fireworks
5) The Smiler in the dark
6) The truly amazing firework display. I know some people said the sound wasn't great, but at the front it was amazing!
7) The hilarious antics in and around the hotels

Thank you everyone for a great meet. I know I will see some of you guys at EP, but closed season is going to be hell. *Wipes eyes with tissues*

Just a short post from me to say what everyone else has already said.

Fireworks were fantastic, and it was great to see everyone.

I try to avoid lowlights, but after a excellent Sub Terra, there was some very poor customer service from staff in the Nemesis and Air queue line. End of season, or start of season, staff should be making sure customers have a fantastic time.

Ian

Great meet apart from a very random morning between 3 and 5 am

Eeee thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend! :D

Like NooNoo, just can't fault this weekend at all except for having to leave.
Courtyard Tavern's hedges are suprisingly comfortable. :*

I had the most amazing time this weekend. I'll try and be brief, but there were so many highlights! It was my first meet on my own, and it was a huge deal for me. Before I summarise my highlights, a special mention has to go to Sazzle. From the moment I arrived on Saturday, she showed such an understanding of things I tend to find difficult, and went out of her way all weekend to make sure I was comfortable and never felt left out. Saz, I honestly can't thank you enough. So here goes:

Highlights:

Fireworks were incredible. This was my first time attending the event. I expected them to be good but I was completely blown away! The story, the lights, the fireworks themselves, I just loved every second.
Pixie-Ro turning up on Saturday which was lovely! Not seen her for a while and it was so good to catch up.
Mike going out of his way to give me fantastic directions back to the hotel, which I really needed!
Dave taking my phone back to the hotel on Sunday and charging it for me.
Jonathon, Ollie, Dave and other (sorry I'm not good with names) letting me share their room at the last minute so I could extend the merriment a little bit further!
Lunch in Woodcutters, including Sammy joining our table because the other table were talking about tills too much, leading to Rob's hilarious "I'm till-arious" moment ;)
Spending the whole weekend with Saz, Russell, Lottie and Rob, and getting to know these amazing people!
Sharron and Saz making me cry by both welcoming me to the family within a few seconds of each other right after fireworks on Sunday :-[
Comparing football experiences with Rob on the long, cold walk back to the hotels on Sunday night.
Fun and games (and lots of drinks) in the hotels.
Rides in the dark, particularly ending the season on Nemesis front row, which felt incredibly fast!
Seeing Sharron saying a quiet little goodbye to Nemmy at the end of the night.
Dan's heckling of the fireworks - "Prepare for Air"....Dan shouts "5 seat 2, flaps, all clear!"
Everyone around us laughing at our (huge) group bobbing up and down during ITHOTMK
Learning a new word (Wang) and realising there is someone else on TST who is just as sheltered as me (Rob)
Joel's pretend disgust outside Nemmy at Saz and Russell's display of affection ;)
Seeing lots of happy TST couples, so cute!

Lowlights:

Leaving :(
Not seeing some people much.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all, for making me realise that I'm making a fantastic group of friends, no a family, who I can have fun and be myself with.

I forgot one funny moment. When Sharron (unofficial mum) left Dragon Bar and said goodbye, everyone replied by shouting "Bye" or "Bye mum". To which she said behave yourselves otherwise the bar staff would call her to let her know we had been naughty. As if we would do such a thing :p

Well, after dropping in unannounced and unexpectedly for a few hours on Saturday night, can I just say how lovely it was to finally meet a few people and put some faces to names. Sorry I didn't get to speak to more of you, but thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. Looking forward to the beach party! :cool: :cool:

Hmm... where to begin? Well, the high point for me would be actually coming on a meet! It's been a long time coming (having been around for a few years now) but I finally got my arse up to Towers and got to meet some of you lovely, lovely people :)

It was absolutely lovely to be able to finally meet some people who I have only spoken to via the forum or Facebook and it was equally great to meet people who I've never spoken to before too! My biggest regret would be not saying hi to more of you all or joining in conversations a bit more - damn shyness! I really, really enjoyed myself and I hope that I get to come along to more meets next year and get to see you all again :)

Pros:

- Meeting everyone. :D
- The fireworks. Wow.
- The crowd laughing and filming the IHOTMK bobbing.
- Saz endlessly responding to my texts and calls asking 'WHERE IS EVERYONE?!' :p
- Hugs from people to say hello and goodbye.
- Meeting everyone.
- AstroDan shouting out during the Air bit of the Fireworks
- TST The Smiler takeover (featuring Diogo)
- TST taking over The Smiler's queue and not letting anyone through the flaps...
- The Smiler full stop. First ever front row and it was simply sublime.
- First time on Nemesis in the dark. What a way to end the season. Beautiful.
- Meeting everyone.
- The fantastic on-park atmosphere.
- I'M FALLING TO PIECES...
- And once more, meeting everyone...

Cons:

- Not being able to stay in Ma's a bit later last night.
- Not getting a ride on The Smiler in the dark.
- Not getting a chance to say hi to more people! Hopefully next time... :(

Thanks guys <3

SCOTT EXISTS!!!!

'Twas a fantastic meet, now the red mist descends and the forum goes crazy. I'll see whoever is alive in February.

Well I think I have just about recovered from getting rather drunk in Margs on Sunday night. I knew I was getting drunk when Russell informed me I was slurring my words to him at about midnight :p

Highlights:
- Fireworks! They had a proper story and not just random pop music.
- Seeing so many people on the meet on Sunday, as well as people on the mini-meets on Friday and Saturday.
- Meeting new members and getting to know some people better.
- Relaxing in the waterpark for hours on Monday (thanks Josh for the free ticket!)
- Getting very very drunk on Sunday night, yet I still remember it all and unlike some members (Sammy) I was not "ill" on Monday.
- Not getting told off/chucked out of Margs all night, I think it helped that there was a big group of management there, who were enjoying us spending so much money!
- Wayne interviewing Jordan on the skywalk at about 4am, and Wayne also trying to get in to bed with JoshT.
- The random security guy who joined the roomsoche in Splash Landings till about 5am

Thanks to everyone who came and made it such a good meet, certainly one of my favorite of the year, see you all in 2014, if not before!

Still unsure about the random security guy joining us. He was asking loads of strange questions. I think hes trying to infiltrate the forums!!!

Well after he came to our room at the end of the night, I think it is safe to say he was probably more drunk than most of us! He climbed out of our window at one point.

Yeah he jumped out of the window a few times before and I was hiding in the toilet with Lottie (I think) and Ellie :p

*Would like to point out we were hiding because we thought (other) security were at the door :p

^ Oh god I remember that, so yes that me hiding in the shower with you Dave. Twas a hilarious evening on Sunday night! :p

I can only repeat what others have said really. A truly fantastic meet, lovely to see everyone again since Scarefest again, as well as meet new people, including getting to know Amy_D more. The fireworks were spectacular, absolutely loved the story and I did shed a tear for the pre-finale on Sunday night. Also a nice bonus with Rob's surprise VIP wristbands which we still can't work out how we got it. Thank you random person in Chesterfield! :p

My favourite meet of the whole year! See you all next year or during closed season! :)